Irma, Results for Canceling/Rescheduling ONLY (no debate or if you should or shouldn't)

Just an FYI I heard from my TA friend the Disney Reservation Center will be closed Sun & Mon. Anyone who needs anything call tomorrow!

Finally got through and was able to reschedule our trip. Here is my experience:
Called Friday spent 6 hours on hold after 2 I got regular CM who was unable to change our reservation and keep our current package with free dining. Transferred to Guest services and was on hold another 4 hours. After GS picked up I got disconnected before we were able to make changes.
Called this morning. Wait was about 40 minutes for regular CM then transferred to GS and was on hold another 2 hours or so.

Original package:
9/10-9/15 2 adult 2 teens 2day park hopper with water parks and free QS dining plus MNSSHP on 9/10
New package:
9/30-10/5 everything stayed the same instead of Sun-Fri we are Sat-Thurs
MNSSHP on 10/1

I was able to keep some room rate and my free dining but Guest services had to make that happen. I had to transfer to ticketing to change Halloween party but that was also changed with no additional cost.

I also had a room only reservation for my daughter's boyfriend and his reservation was also changed over to the new dates with no increase in room rates.

Finally got through and was able to reschedule our trip. Here is my experience:
Called Friday spent 6 hours on hold after 2 I got regular CM who was unable to change our reservation and keep our current package with free dining. Transferred to Guest services and was on hold another 4 hours. After GS picked up I got disconnected before we were able to make changes.
Called this morning. Wait was about 40 minutes for regular CM then transferred to GS and was on hold another 2 hours or so.

Original package:
9/10-9/15 2 adult 2 teens 2day park hopper with water parks and free QS dining plus MNSSHP on 9/10
New package:
9/30-10/5 everything stayed the same instead of Sun-Fri we are Sat-Thurs
MNSSHP on 10/1

I was able to keep some room rate and my free dining but Guest services had to make that happen. I had to transfer to ticketing to change Halloween party but that was also changed with no additional cost.

I also had a room only reservation for my daughter's boyfriend and his reservation was also changed over to the new dates with no increase in room rates.

We changed to the same dates, and same Halloween party haha!

TA called today and was able to get everything moved from 9/10-9/14 to 9/30-10/5 (added a day!), and kept free dining. I am thrilled!!
Our flight changed without any fare changes, but our car rental is about $50 more expensive for a lower model car, but still paid with credit card points so technically no charge.

I'm thrilled with how it all went and looking forward to getting there in 3 weeks!

...so after almost 10 hrs total on the phone, we had to move our trip to Sep 30, as well. However, right now I'm TOO tired to make any plans. One call lasted 5 hrs and ended at 1:30 am. I could barely talk or think, lol.

Long story short - we moved our days around 3 times; FW is closed thru Wednesday; and there's no availability anywhere. While it's disappointing to lose some of our plans, Disney GS really came through for us. They have been wonderful.

Late last night American moved our flight :mad: from 9/12 to 9/15. Had no idea they were going to do this - they said they weren't flying into Orlando on Tues 9/12 & that's why our flight was changed. There are no flights available on the 13th or 14th. I had already changed our trip from 9/10 thru 9/20 to 9/12 thru 9/22, changing resorts on the 20th AND the 21st. We're DVC, & there are no rooms available for the stretch from 9/20-9/25 even if I wanted to add days to our trip.

So, to make a long story less long, I guess we're going to cancel the big 20th anniversary trip that I have spent a year & a zillion hours planning. I'm looking at March/April now. I can't believe how disappointed I am about not going to F&W & MNSSHP. Plus, I feel guilty for being so upset when so many are losing their homes, etc. :sad:

I just called the DVC member services number this morning to cancel my Tuesday 9/12 date since my flight out of Atlanta got cancelled and they are closed today.

At least I won't be on hold for hours and hours today although I wish I had seen this thread yesterday with the mention that they'd be closed today and tomorrow.
Not sure how that will work for anyone needing to cancel for tuesday but I'll figure it out.

Stay safe everyone!

I just called the DVC member services number this morning to cancel my Tuesday 9/12 date since my flight out of Atlanta got cancelled and they are closed today.

At least I won't be on hold for hours and hours today although I wish I had seen this thread yesterday with the mention that they'd be closed today and tomorrow.
Not sure how that will work for anyone needing to cancel for tuesday but I'll figure it out.

Stay safe everyone!
They are going to be expecting more calls to cancel on Tuesday. Just plan to listen to the crackling dragging music sound track for a few hours.

I went online this morning to add a day - 9/18 - and the only thing available was CBR. I didn't want to spend that much for the one night, so I made a reservation at one of the MCO airports instead. I'm hoping a value room opens up once WDW business resumes again.

I am so upset to hear all the people that got to keep free dining. We were scheduled to arrive at AKL for the first time ( my bucket list resort) September 8-15 with free dining.

We are now going 9/22-9/29 staying at POR and had to pay $1500 MORE. Lost All of our dining reservations and fastpasses.
My kids are so bummed we lost Tusker House Breakfast, and Sci fi two of their favorites. I was able to find reservations for some other places we wanted. We had 4 separate reservations for Flight of passage now none There booked the whole week. My grandson gets to ride 7 dwarfs mine train for the first time, fastpasses the whole week GONE. Not feeling very magical.

I was on the phone a total of 6 hours and the CMS were very nice.

Last edited:
We were supposed to arrive at WDW 9/10. I called last week and waited on hold for 90 minutes to have the person transfer me to guest services (with a 5 hour hold!) to modify our 3 reservations to arriving on 9/12...but now our flight has been cancelled so I'll need to call back Tuesday to reschedule again. does anyone know if there is a direct number to guest services to avoid the initial wait to be transferred over there? I know they will be the only ones who can adjust all 3 reservations and possibly keep our discounts! Thanks!

I called 9/7 and was on the phone about 30min total. My dates were 9/13-9/17 moved it to 3/2-3/7 port Orleans. No problems, the cast member was so happy it was an easy change. I'm sure she'd had a rough day. Will miss food and wine but excited for flower and garden

After rescheduling, did anyone receive an email about unrestricted fastpasses? I saw somewhere else that a few people who rescheduled received that email. It said they get unrestricted fastpasses for the # of days they were going to be there. I rescheduled but haven't received the email...

After rescheduling, did anyone receive an email about unrestricted fastpasses? I saw somewhere else that a few people who rescheduled received that email. It said they get unrestricted fastpasses for the # of days they were going to be there. I rescheduled but haven't received the email...

I rescheduled on Friday changing our Sat arrival to this Wednesday. Got the invoice confirmation through immediately, but MDE never updated. Now the original booking is gone from MDE, and I got 2 weeks of Fastpass cancellation e-mails this morning with no one to talk to sort it. In the grand scheme of things its not the end of the world, but its frustrating.

Do to the traffic heading back to Florida we may have to reschedule our trip yet again. Worried we'll be sitting in traffic for hours and racking up already limited fuel budget, not to mention the limited supply already. We are schedule to leave tomorrow for a Friday check in. I'm hoping they can push it to sept 30th with no added expense. If not I'll have to cancel :(

I received an email giving us 2 days of replacement FPs for the duration of our cancelled trip, but nothing for our rescheduled trip.

I am so upset to hear all the people that got to keep free dining. We were scheduled to arrive at AKL for the first time ( my bucket list resort) September 8-15 with free dining.

We are now going 9/22-9/29 staying at POR and had to pay $1500 MORE. Lost All of our dining reservations and fastpasses.
My kids are so bummed we lost Tusker House Breakfast, and Sci fi two of their favorites. I was able to find reservations for some other places we wanted. We had 4 separate reservations for Flight of passage now none There booked the whole week. My grandson gets to ride 7 dwarfs mine train for the first time, fastpasses the whole week GONE. Not feeling very magical.

I was on the phone a total of 6 hours and the CMS were very nice.
Please call tomorrow and ask to be switched to guest services. They couldnt give me our Fastpasses or dining reservations but we kept our free dining. ONLY Guest services were able to do that. The first CM tried to tell me there was nothing available and GS wouldnt be able to but GS didnt hesitate to make it happen.

Was guest services able to change Halloween party ticket dates or did you have to wait again for ticketing? We were supposed to arrive tomorrow and attend tomorrow night's party but our flight was cancelled.

We ended up rescheduling our trip to Sept 23rd-29th. However, we are struggling to find rooms. We managed to get a 1 night stay on the 24th and a 3 night stay the 25th-28th but we are wait-listed for a room on the 23rd and 28th. It sucks because we originally planned to do the dining plan for our whole trip and now we can only get 4 days worth unless we manage to find rooms the other nights. I managed to find a couple of our dining reservations for half our party but we can't get any of our fast passes for FOP, Mine Train, etc.

We were supposed to arrive at WDW 9/10. I called last week and waited on hold for 90 minutes to have the person transfer me to guest services (with a 5 hour hold!) to modify our 3 reservations to arriving on 9/12...but now our flight has been cancelled so I'll need to call back Tuesday to reschedule again. does anyone know if there is a direct number to guest services to avoid the initial wait to be transferred over there? I know they will be the only ones who can adjust all 3 reservations and possibly keep our discounts! Thanks!

407-828-5630

Called this morning to add one day, 9/18, because nothing was showing online. I waited less than 2 minutes for a CM to pick up. Only Swan had availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!