Is $1000 enough?

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering, is $1000 enough spending money for 5 days at Disney? Well, 4 days of Disney and one day of sight seeing? This is after park hoppers, hotel expenses and travel expenses. Pure spending money for food and souvenirs. We are 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 2 and 4. The 2 year old does not eat much, so I do not plan on buying her her own meals, she will share ours. Also, we get 50% off food and beverage at the hotel we are staying at. We will also be driving so we will have some staples and drinks with us. can we take our own water and juice into the parks?
My DH is afraid that we will not have enough money to enjoy ourselves. I think that we will be just fine.
What do you think?

We usually budget $100. a day for 2 adults and 1 child. Not including the character meals. Which is usually only 2 meals for us. Last two times we have came back with at least $300.00
on a 7 day trip. Granted I am not a big souvenir buyer for myself, usually getting a snowglobe and tee shirt. And I usually tell my daughter her budget which is $50. on souvenirs. But we always end up buying her something other than her $50 as a surprise. Last yr it was that talking Stitch, before she was too old for them(she is 11) it was princesses outfits.
I would think $1000. for 5 days is easily done as long as you stick to a budget. Yes you can bring your own water and juice into the park.

No problem. My dh, myself and then 8 y/o dd were in WDW for 8 days/7 nights and we spent a total of $1200. We did many meals at decent restaurants, had many ride photos taken. I don't think we scrimped on anything. I would think you would have a great time with this amount of spending money.

Thats about what I plan on bringing for 7 days, 6 nights. Its me and 2 DD's ages 9 and 11. They can still get the kids meals at the restaurants. I have a hard time telling my kids no when they want souveniers but I figure If I watch what I spend and have a few cheap lunches and breakfasts then we will be OK. They dont serve meals on the flights so I will have to buy something for us at our layover in detroit. I figure one of those giant cinnimon rolls will hold us over until we get to florida and we will all be starving by the time we get to the rainforest cafe for our first ressie. I already told the kids I wont be paying for them to have their faces painted this time because we are going on a budget and I bought them those water bottles with the fans at walmart to save money by not buying them at WDW. I will have to buy them the autograph books and the EPCOT passport book when we get there. Their grandparents are coming with us and I know what I dont buy their grandpa probably will. spoiled grandkids :rolleyes:
Kim

Thank you so much, I feel alot better now! I can't believe we are leaving Friday.....I haven't even sarted packing yet!

Hey If anyone is near the World Showcase when you come on vacation within the next 17 days I would be glad to met yall/ I work at the merchandise locations right between were the big red bus goes for characters. If I dont see you have a magical time and have fun for me since I will be working

Have a magical day

Katie
WDWCP 2002-2003

Bring you own water, juice, snacks, etc.

Check out www.wdwig.com

and they have all the restaurants, in each park and each resort listed with menues and prices. That may give you a good idea on what thekids will find to eat and the costs.

I would say it is enough. Though in many places children 2 an under are free, even in Disney.

We usually budget 150 a day for meals (I do not cook, carry or cut up any food on my WDW vacation!). If we don't use it, fine! We come home with money!.

One rule we use for our kids, is that they can buy one nice token to take home with them. My daughter will usually wait until the day beforewe leave to buy hers (she still loves the big stuffed characters - usually picks which one she wants before we leave Boston!). DS, now eight usually waits until we go to the Star Wars shop!

We buy them T-shirts and that's about it!

You won't worry about the money once you're there. In fact, you won't worry about anything!!!!!!

We are leaving in a few weeks for a five day trip and plan on bringing exactly $1000 for food and souveniers. We also have a 4 year old and 2 year old DD's. (Small world!)

Last year we did the same and actually brought some money home.

Jennifer

I always clear my credit card before my trip and set a limit of $1000 for food, souveniers or assorted extras. I've never had a problem sticking to that budget - just make sure you keep track of all your purchases. Have fun!:D

What a great thread to find three days before we hit the road for Disney!

We (me, DH, DD-7, DD-9) have budgeted the same for six nights/five days. We have two character meals booked plus one Epcot restaurant and Sci-Fi. Hoping Grandma will pick up the Sci-Fi as she is joining us that day! If we stick to counter service, Perkins, pizza, and the like, I think we'll be ok. The girls have their own spending money saved via birthday and Christmas Disney Dollars. We do want to squeeze a day at the water park out of this same budget....hope we make it!!

You guys have made me feel so much better about the budget...of course I got most of my planning info from you anyway!!! What a wonderful site this is...I will miss it so much after my trip. I guess I'll have to keep coming back!

That is just about what we spent on two adults and One child for 7 nights last year. We pretty much did what we wanted but we did watch our budget. We spent about 200 on souveniers, did several character meals and at least one sit down a day. We did not count our HDDR tickets in that amount. We did breakfast in the room everyday but one and ate counter service one meal most days. I did have a credit card just in casse but never needed it.

Jordan's mom

Timbud1,
We are also leaving from the Dallas area for 6 nights, 5 days! Are you driving? We are....I'm in a mad rush trying to get everything ready.
Reading this thread has made me feel so much better, I was afraid we wouldn't have enough money to have fun. But, I'm sure we will! Have a great trip, and maybe we'll see ya on the road!

We bring $1,500 wiht 4 boys! The youngest at 12 so im pretty sure that's enough money for you to bring!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter