Is 11:55am intercontinental flight too early in Amsterdam?

twinstars

Mouseketeer
We are booked on a RCCL cruise that is supposed to dock in Amsterdam at 6am. Is it too risky to book an 11:55am flight out? Has anyone done this before? Thanks.

I would personally be stressed that close internationally. Especially if there were any delays debarking, customs, luggage etc. Though if you are completely off the ship and past customs before 9 and head straight there you should be ok.

Running to catch a plane before they close the gate at Schiphol (Amsterdam airport) is no fun (lightly put).... been there, done that. It's indeed huge; I wouldn't recommend it.

another vote against!
i unfortunately have to connect through schiphol often...
it's a difficult airport in the best of times...
i wouldn't want the stress..

Thank you all for your replies. We will schedule flight out the next day instead.

An extra day in Amsterdam can be plenty of fun. A lot of very cool buildings and places to eat etc, many things to tour. I still crave a fresh warm stroopwaffel since leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!