Is 12 nights too long?

We like to do two week trips. This allows us to take our time and not rush. I hate feeling stressed out and like to keep everything as simple as possible. We don't spend a lot of money on extras, like merch, after hour parties, character meals etc. because enjoying the parks is more important to us than spending money on food and other stuff. so a longer trip really doesn't cost us that much more. We don't stay in expensive resorts, mostly Disney Springs, which we actually prefer to onsite.

I really like longer trips like this. You don’t feel rushed. You can take time to explore, both in and out of the parks. I would suggest a day at the water parks. I agree with Typhoon Lagoon- we were just there and only did two slides. The rest of time we were in the wave pool or lazy river. So fun!

I agree with a previous poster. Break up your park days. Don’t do them back to back. Keeps them fresher and you won’t burnout so fast. AK, especially, is HUGE!!! I would NOT want to walk that park two days in a row!

I did a solo trip with 12 nights, at one point I was tired and decided to stay in bed for most of the morning, cancelled my dining reservations and later decided to just stroll through Disney Springs for a few hours and then go back to the hotel. That's the great thing about a long trip: You can do that! If you are on a 5-day or even a week-long trip, you would more feel the need to stay in the park, 'get value for your money'. Longer stays give you flexibility. Go with the flow more, plan less.

OMG!! I would love to do Disney for 2 weeks. I think I would lose my mind and drive my hubby NUTS!!! I think he tolerates my Disney addiction but 14 days. Yeah he would leave me and go home. LOL!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We go 14 days every March. But we only do parks one day when we usually do three parks and hit only the big rides. We go to bay lake roof to watch the fireworks but usually don’t do MK. We love hanging by the pool, visiting new restaurants every night, seeing a movie or two, bowling, etc,

No. However, I wouldn't do such a structured itinerary over that long. I get my FP+according to what is available on a specific day, 60 days out and you may not get FoP or SDD on the days you have planned now. Wait until 60 days out and then work out an itinerary if you prefer to vacation that way and always be prepared to change while you are there, nothing is set in stone. Wing it some days.

Just want to add, if I were you I would get a park hopper. A short stay can be that structured, but, that long a stay can allow you to do a lot more.
The longest trip I've done is 21 days and I still could have stayed longer. I did some serious chilling as I didn't feel the need to rush around.

I think it also depends on the age range of your party and how many days you typically vacation at others places. Disney is HOT most of the year and involves a LOT of walking which can be exhausting if you aren't used to that. Even if you take a few days off from the parks, 12 days sees like a long time to be there. There are also the practical aspects of how much clothes to pack for that long and/or are you planning to do laundry?

OP shows she is from USA, so it isn't like someone traveling from overseas where longer trips make more sense due to the amount of travel involved.

Last edited:
We do 2 weeks trips. Like others have stated, it seems to be a more relaxed vacation. The 1st week we are getting on everything we must do, 2nd week is icing on the cake. Another thing to do on down days is to resort hop. We do this which gives us other dining options, and see where we may want to stay on another vacation.

I think the longest we've done is 10 days, and it's hard to leave. I think 12 would be nice, but I'd still be sad to leave.

I live in Canada, so with the long travel time we usually stay longer to make the time spent more worth it. So we have always done 10 day park tickets. I find that it is a lot more relaxing of a vacation as we have more then enough time to do what we want without rushing around to much. Plus it usually allows us the last few days to be do whatever we want days as we have usually checked off our "to do list" of things everyone wanted to do or see.

our first trip on site was 12 days and honestly my mom and i found it a little too long. found out that we got bored quickly. we were new to staying on site, and our first Mom daughter trip. then we went for about 6 days 5 nights which was good.

with more days you can venture into other hotels, ride the monorail...create mischief, if you get bored with the parks. Not sure if this is current or not but i just saw this post today...

Depending on what you want to accomplish, you may consider throwing in a tour here and there. Specifically, check out the ultimate Day of Thrills tour and the Ultimate Nights of Adventure tour. The three of us are going in November (DD is 11) with our primary goal being rides. DD is not really interested in characters or parades, and is somewhat interested in fireworks. Booking the tours will save us a lot of time, i was able to shave a couple days off knowing we would be able to do so much. I was concerned about her missing two full weeks of school.

LOL, yeah I'm asking a bunch of Disney addicts if a long stay is too much! :crazy: Anyway thanks for the feedback so far, keep it coming!

I don't have too much in the way of ideas of non-park fun. Sitting on the Poly beach watching fireworks one night is on the list, and I wouldn't mind getting over to Ft. Wilderness for the Chip 'n Dale campfire. And just doing some of the free (or cheap) activities around whatever resort we are at (movies by the pool or one of their craft projects). I for sure want to get to Disney Springs as we haven't been since it was DTD (just did not have time/energy on our last few trips). I'll probably make a list and let DD and DH pick some things as well.

Hi, I would recommend an evening at the boardwalk for dinner and entertainment, if you time it right you can watch either Epcot (from the bridge) or Hollywood Studios Fireworks (from Beach Club beach). We stayed at BC last year and spent many evenings enjoying treats on the beach watching the fireworks.

We're doing 2 weeks in April and hubby and I were just saying how we wish we could extend it to 3😂 once you have all your 1 credit dining reservations, your 2 credit dining reservations, all your fastpasses, fireworks, factor in time to eat all the snacks you want without bursting, do the water parks, activities in the hotel, hitting the lounges and finally stalking Kevin around Animal Kingdom for a photo op... there's no time left!
Darn it I forgot to put 'photo with Kevin' on my colour coded itinerary *scrambles for a pen*

I think it also depends on the age range of your party and how many days you typically vacation at others places. Disney is HOT most of the year and involves a LOT of walking which can be exhausting if you aren't used to that. Even if you take a few days off from the parks, 12 days sees like a long time to be there. There are also the practical aspects of how much clothes to pack for that long and/or are you planning to do laundry?

OP shows she is from USA, so it isn't like someone traveling from overseas where longer trips make more sense due to the amount of travel involved.
We are from UK and I would agree. It takes something special for me to spend 9 hours on a plane...

We've planned for 9 nights on our upcoming trip, and it's the longest trip I've ever planned. Pre-trip, we're thinking this is just the perfect amount of time with Halloween parties, F&W Festival, and multiple park visits. I'll let you know afterwards. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts