Is 2 1/2 years old too young for Hoop Dee Doo ?

alacazander

DIS Veteran
We have a 2 1/2 year old and considering going to the Hoop dee doo review. Is he too young for this?:earsboy:

My son was 2 months shy of his third birthday and he had a good time..the music an dancing and other movements kept his attention.

I cant wait to go back there again.

mike

We had a 1 yrDS and 2 yrDD with us in 2000 and we had to leave early, we missed the strawberry shortcake!! BOO HOO!!

We had made the mistake of chosing the late show. I would say 2 1/2 is fine IF you chose the early show. Its alot of fun. The kids enjoyed the "swinging of the napkins" and the music.

Enjoy the show!!

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

I agree, do the early show! We took DS when he just turned 3. He loved it and asks to go back every trip. He was laughing hysterically throughout the show, even though he didn't understand what he was laughing at :rolleyes:

Plus if you go before he turns 3, he's free! Since food is served family style and it's mostly kid friendly food, he will get plenty to eat.

We took our 2 year old last July 4. We went to the 5:00 pm show and he couldn't have enjoyed it more. His 15 year old brother was there too and he laughed just as hard. He enjoyed "playing" the washboard and the atmosphere is just too lively not to have a good time. Of course the jokes were over his head but he didn't care. Everyone else was laughing so he did too!! The food was satisfying for him and he loved the bread! One of the best pictures we have from the whole trip is one of him eating what appears to be half a loaf of bread at one time. Go now when he's 2 and then again everytime you go back to Disney after that. The show's that much fun!!

We took our 2 1/2 year old DD to the Revue in November 2002, she had a very good time watching all the people. Her favorite part is the washboards. We are going to Hoop De Do again in May, she is excited about it again.

You should definitely do HDD! I think that kids are very entertained and the time flies while you are there. Our DS will turn 3 at HDD in Oct. and we can't wait. I had my 3rd b-day there way back when also!Do the early show and take a nap before hand and it should be great! Enjoy!:wave2:

Thank you everyone!

From what I hear from all of you it sounds like he would really enjoy it!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter