Is a cabin worth it?

DavidRoss

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

My wife, mother and I are taking a cruise in January. We will be staying three nights off site before the cruise and one night back at Disney after the cruise. I have worked it out point wise to spend one night in a Copper Creek Cabin. Needless to say, this is quite a splurge for us.

My mother is handicapped and uses a scooter to get around. We were planning a non park, resort only day after the cruise. I was able to secure a wheelchair accessible cabin for the one night and I was thinking of adding Reunion Station Concierge onto the reservation in lieu of a meal plan. I also thought this would be convenient for my mother to be able to wheel down to RS to get food when she needs to. She is the type of person who never wants me to spend $$ on her and always says "I don't care where we stay. But don't spend extra $$ on my account."

I plan on enjoying the fireplace, hot tub and just enjoying the view in the room with my family for the day / night. But it is very expensive in my opinion.

So, I am looking for some comments of folks who have stayed in a cabin and others who have thoughts about a one night splurge with the cabin and Reunion Station. Would you do this? Would you recommend against it since it is only one night? Would you do it for only one night? Thoughts?

Not for one night, not enough time to really enjoy it. Plus you will be tired from traveling. Reunion station isn't worth the $50 per person on the reservation per day IMO.

:earsboy: Bill

The only concern is you might not be able to get in the cabin until at least 3:00 or 4:00. And then check out at 11:00. I think they look beautiful and we hope to stay in one-but I wouldn’t do it for only one night.

We had a one day stay in a cabin in May with our good friends. It was our second time staying in a cabin. We did enjoy the resort and the night in the cabin. There were just the four of us. It was definitely worth it! We would do it again.

Last edited:

Disney cruise? Using Disney's transfer back to the resort? If so ... I think you have it well planned out (scooter, RS, etc). While there may be a long, awkward gap waiting to get into your cabin ... there might be some pixie-dust to be found in the "never leaving Disney's hands" as you transfer from the ship to the resort that could, hopefully, find you an early check-in/room#.

You already understand that the visit will be short ... but yes, the fireplace, the hot tub and the water view are spectacular. We loved our long-weekend stay ... and hope to return for another cabin visit in our future. Yes, it was worth every point in our opinion. Hope it is for you, also!

At the lowest points for 1 night, 115 and at the going rate of $16 a point, I can find many great places to stay for $1,840 a night. and have enough left over for tickets, rental car and meals, maybe even airfare. It's your money enjoy it where you care to.

A splurge is just that, and you get to define what worth is in that regard. While I might very well do a cabin for just a night or two, I wouldn't give them $50 per person per night to use RS. Their options and hours just aren't worth it.

I'll let you know in January. Have 3 nights booked (87 p/n) for 2 adults and 1 child. I would def call it a splurge, but not nearly as bad as the Poly bungalows. Private hot tub on screened porch and (hopefully) some fireworks to watch. I can't freaking wait.

My mistake, I used Poly points chart instead of CCV chart, my bad as the current generation would say. So it's 87 points for the lowest per night. So it's only $1392 a night. Sorry about that.

We loved it for our two night stay. Did AK during the "day" so we missed out on enjoying the cabin for those 12 hours but it was well worth the points as a splurge. The hot tub is amazing. The whole cabin was amazing.

We loved it for our two night stay. Did AK during the "day" so we missed out on enjoying the cabin for those 12 hours but it was well worth the points as a splurge. The hot tub is amazing. The whole cabin was amazing.
:thumbsup2

I think it's a novelty stay for a night or two if I need to kill some points. Otherwise, totally not worth it when I think of all the other things those points could buy me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!