• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

is a trip to St. John on the ferry doable with a 3 and 4 year old?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
I've been to St. Thomas but have yet to go over to St. John. I know there's a ferry that will take you over there. Is it a doable trip with a 3 and 4 year old? We just want to hang out at one of their beaches for the day.

Thanks for any tips!

Deb

We recently went to St. John's with a 4 year old. We also had 3 older children with us. It is definately easy to do, either by taxi or rent a car. I would recommend Trunk Bay, even though there is a $4 admission fee for adults. Little ones were free. They have lifeguards, rentals, food and restrooms available there. It was a beautiful and relaxing place to be. There is also shade. We rented a car to get there due to the size of our group, and took the ferry from red hook. The only stressful part was having to be back to the ship in time, but we had no problem by catching a 1:30 ferry back. You could catch the ferry as late as 2:30 and still get back in plenty of time. One tip, is to buy only a one way ticket on the ferry because, at least for the car ferry, there were 2 or 3 different companies operating at different schedules, so a 1 way ticket gives you more return time options. I'm not sure if this applies to the passenger ferries. http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&s=927093444&a=corfrm&cf=629097554
The above link is where I found lots of useful St. John info and driving directions.. Feel free to PM me if I can be of any more help
Our St. John day was the most memorable and fun day of our cruise! Sue

Wow, thanks Sue! That info. is going to be very helpful!

Sounds like you really liked it....that has me pumped to make sure we make it there.

thanks again,

Deb

We went with our 3 year old and 2 older children. We took the taxi to Red Hook, so the ferry ride wouldn't be as long. They all did fine - loved it! We went to Cinnamon Bay on St. John. It is gorgeous, free and very uncrowded. We rented a car, but you could take a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter