Is an annual pass ever worth it?

Jaguar Skills

Mouseketeer
We have just purchased our first DVC contract and potentially might go twice in the first twelve months.

Looking at the annual pass cost this is $1295 pp so for a family of 3 would be $3900 which based on the current exchange rate would be £3127

Looking at a website like attractionstickets the cost is £529 for a 21 day ticket for an adult and £505 for a child. So if you total 2, 3 week trips that equals £3126?

Am I missing something here that it is cheaper to buy the tickets in the UK individually rather than buying the AP? Makes no sense to me....

We have just purchased our first DVC contract and potentially might go twice in the first twelve months.

Looking at the annual pass cost this is $1295 pp so for a family of 3 would be $3900 which based on the current exchange rate would be £3127

Looking at a website like attractionstickets the cost is £529 for a 21 day ticket for an adult and £505 for a child. So if you total 2, 3 week trips that equals £3126?

Am I missing something here that it is cheaper to buy the tickets in the UK individually rather than buying the AP? Makes no sense to me....

I posted this reply in your other post:

No, you're not missing anything. If you purchase direct (and get the benefits) and don't go during blackout dates, you can get a DVC Gold Annual pass for $719 + tax (it goes down $100 for renewing). Or you can get the DVC Member Platinum Pass for $899 + tax.

Did you purchase a resale contract or directly from Disney?

Price list (as of February 2020):
https://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/walt-disney-world-ticket-prices/#four
NOTE: renewal prices provide a $100-ish discount/year.

One more thing is that if you do qualify for the DVC annual pass prices is that the Memory Maker pictures stay on your account for the full year that the AP is valid (rather than having a deadline to download pictures, etc.)....

If you have brought direct you also get the Annual pass at Florida resident rate too.
I have 155 points direct, but 400 points resale.

No, you're not missing anything. If you purchase direct (and get the benefits) and don't go during blackout dates, you can get a DVC Gold Annual pass for $719 + tax (it goes down $100 for renewing).

This is real massive saving. If you don't go during Easter or Christmas (which is madness anyway), then the Gold AP costs just a bit more than a ultimate ticket and could be used twice even if you go just a year, just plan to go the second time toward the end of the AP validity.
Every once in a while they give even better deals, like when they offered the premium pass for the price of the gold. It was the year of the Volcano Bay opening and probably they wanted to keep people in their water parks.
With such uncertaincy now, it's possible they'll offer new deals to push DVC members into the parks: many don't go to the parks every day and some do resort only stays.

I've been doing some maths and from what i can tell, unless within a 12 month period your going to make 2 trips to WDW, then the annual pass in't worth it. We will be going every other year so will just buy standard tickets.

I've been doing some maths and from what i can tell, unless within a 12 month period your going to make 2 trips to WDW, then the annual pass in't worth it. We will be going every other year so will just buy standard tickets.

Right, but the original poster was planning to go twice within the 12 month period.

Of course, there are no 21 day tickets at the moment, just 14 days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!