Is any of Plaza Garden West up for grabs for HEA?

DrFacilier

DIS Veteran
What is the deal with Plaza Garden West these days? Is any of it available for us regular folk or is it all reserved for club level?

Back in May, they had roped off the front, left half of the garden. I was speaking with the CM, and she said normally, they just do the front, left quarter of the garden, but they were expecting a much larger group that night. About 10 minutes before the show, they recognized they would not have the CL crowd they were expecting, and tried to rope off a smaller section for them. But the ropes were not long enough, so they left it as is. I think there were only 15-20 people in the CL section. With that said, the rest of the garden was full, but not packed.

How late can you arrive here and generally get a spot for HEA(knowing it differs depending on the day, etc...)
Ex. If there’s a show at 9:00pm

How late can you arrive here and generally get a spot for HEA(knowing it differs depending on the day, etc...)
Ex. If there’s a show at 9:00pm
8:55 in my experience. I've never seen it full to the point that no one else can fit, and we watch from in there anytime we watch from the front.

8:55 in my experience. I've never seen it full to the point that no one else can fit, and we watch from in there anytime we watch from the front.
Agreed. I generally get in my spot about 15-20 minutes prior, but only because I'm not doing anything else at the time and don't want to be stuck in a line or on a ride and miss part of the show. But you can pretty much walk up and find a somewhat decent spot as it's starting if you want. I'll never understand why people stake out a spot an hour or more before the show.

Agreed. I generally get in my spot about 15-20 minutes prior, but only because I'm not doing anything else at the time and don't want to be stuck in a line or on a ride and miss part of the show. But you can pretty much walk up and find a somewhat decent spot as it's starting if you want. I'll never understand why people stake out a spot an hour or more before the show.
For the same reason those of us that know can walk up 5 min before the show and find a spot, not too many know they can go there. Thankfully

I have only been to WDW twice but have been lucky enough to stay CL both times, is there a dedicated HEA viewing area for CL guests? How did I miss this? maybe its new?

I have only been to WDW twice but have been lucky enough to stay CL both times, is there a dedicated HEA viewing area for CL guests? How did I miss this? maybe its new?

No, it’s not for all CL guests. There is currently a trial program going on where CL (and select other) guests can pay to book three extra FPs and it comes with reserved nighttime viewing options for some shows. That’s what is referenced above.

More info can be found here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...ng-cl-fp-trial-program.3538258/#post-56320893

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter