Is any one else having trouble getting through to Member Services?

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
I have been calling all day and it is constantly a busy signal. Anyone else having problems?/

Me too. I’m sure they are slammed so hang in there and keep trying! I’ve got a reservation using 2018 UY points so I need to call, I can’t modify online.

Me too. I’m sure they are slammed so hang in there and keep trying! I’ve got a reservation using 2018 UY points so I need to call, I can’t modify online.

When you get through, please report what you are told in terms of using them!

When you get through, please report what you are told in terms of using them!

Will do! I’ve got 200 points from 2018 Dec UY so I am hoping MS can modify my reservation from June to August using those points.

Will do! I’ve got 200 points from 2018 Dec UY so I am hoping MS can modify my reservation from June to August using those points.

Since those points are not expired, you should be able to do that online, Just go in and modify and choose the new dates and new room.

Since those points are not expired, you should be able to do that online, Just go in and modify and choose the new dates and new room.

I tried—it wouldn’t modify using those points but instead pulled from my 2019 and 2020 points. I’m going to try first thing in the morning 👍🏻 Wish me luck!

I tried—it wouldn’t modify using those points but instead pulled from my 2019 and 2020 points. I’m going to try first thing in the morning 👍🏻 Wish me luck!

That may just be the display glitch and if you finalized it would actually use the banked points. I can't say I've really payed too much attention when I've been modifying dates vs just exchanging points as I have yet to run into a time that it hasn't taken the banked points so don't really look at the initial point displays it does.

Are you going to go in June if you can't modify? I know you can modify but that's just hypothetical. If you're not going in June then just finalize the switch. Unless something messes up because of a holding point issue I think it'll end up fine.

I tried yesterday and then this morning. Today I received the normal greeting dialed 9 then it went dead. Trying to find out whether the Moonlight Magic event in late June is cancelled for we would cancel our one night reservation for most everything else (except Disney Springs) is still closed. Also emailed yesterday and have yet to receive a response.

I tried yesterday and then this morning. Today I received the normal greeting dialed 9 then it went dead. Trying to find out whether the Moonlight Magic event in late June is cancelled for we would cancel our one night reservation for most everything else (except Disney Springs) is still closed. Also emailed yesterday and have yet to receive a response.

Yes, it’s canceled, The parks won’t be opening until mid July.

Reporting back! After about 90 minutes on hold I got thru to MS and they were able to modify my reservation from June 20 check in to a August 8 check in.

When I asked about the situation with banked points, I was told that because my points are a December UY they wouldn’t be expiring so I could still use those for my current reservation. The cast member also said that the system has been wonky so that was likely why my banked points weren’t showing when I tried to modify online. Glad I called in!

Reporting back! After about 90 minutes on hold I got thru to MS and they were able to modify my reservation from June 20 check in to a August 8 check in.

When I asked about the situation with banked points, I was told that because my points are a December UY they wouldn’t be expiring so I could still use those for my current reservation. The cast member also said that the system has been wonky so that was likely why my banked points weren’t showing when I tried to modify online. Glad I called in!

Glad you got it done! I still think it was the normal wonky that they haven't done anything about but if they want to pretend it's short term then ok.

Great! More info that is shared, the more others can get answers prior to having to wait hours for MS.

I called MS all day yesterday getting a busy signal until around 5 pm when they answered. I was on hold for 55 min and was able to speak with a CM who was able to change my reservations and place points borrowed back into 2021 UY. It was a long call but the CM I spoke with was so friendly and helpful. I really applaud her for all the stuff they must be dealing with!

I called MS all day yesterday getting a busy signal until around 5 pm when they answered. I was on hold for 55 min and was able to speak with a CM who was able to change my reservations and place points borrowed back into 2021 UY. It was a long call but the CM I spoke with was so friendly and helpful. I really applaud her for all the stuff they must be dealing with!
When was your reservation that was using the borrowed points?

I finally was able to talk to someone late this morning after being on hold for over 90 minutes. We have a one night reservation June 28-29 to attend the Moonlight Magic Event that is scheduled. I was told today that this event has yet to be cancelled and that I should wait a little more time to see what happens. My problem is that waiting places us within the 30 day issue where cancellation requires the points to be used within the use year (ours is October). It probably will be cancelled, but we did not want to cancel the reservation if they decide to have a soft opening by using this event as a guide.

I finally was able to talk to someone late this morning after being on hold for over 90 minutes. We have a one night reservation June 28-29 to attend the Moonlight Magic Event that is scheduled. I was told today that this event has yet to be cancelled and that I should wait a little more time to see what happens. My problem is that waiting places us within the 30 day issue where cancellation requires the points to be used within the use year (ours is October). It probably will be cancelled, but we did not want to cancel the reservation if they decide to have a soft opening by using this event as a guide.

Thanks for sharing. One has to cancel 31 days or more from check in to avoid holding. I believe you are already past that window so no rush to cancel

However, they are waiving that currently but we don’t know for how much longer,

When was your reservation that was using the borrowed points?
My reservation was for August 19-26, when I originally made this it was last September. I changed resorts in January. The whole situation was kind of a mess I have two contracts but with same uy. One had 4 points banked from 19 I believe and my second contract had 35 banked that I needed to use before 8/21. The first CM took the 4 banked and borrowed from my 2021 uy to finish up what i needed and left the 35 for next years trip. When I had to cancel this year I was sure I would not be able to get back there a second time within a 6 month period. When I spoke with the current CM she rearranged everything and put my 2021 points back then used everything that would expire next year in August. I’m really glad she was able to do that in case after my March trip 2021 may not be able to get back till 2022, sorry so long.

Last edited:
I have not been successful for days in getting in touch with MS. I was #6 on chat this morning then it dropped me and chat was no longer available.
I had a reservation for May 31st (One Night) that I cancelled earlier this month. My use year is June so today is the last day of my use year. I have emailed them earlier in the week as well about these points.
I really hope they move these points to my next use year since I only have 7 points remaining next year and would love a night or two at Vero Beach.....

What's my chances of this happening automatically or via my email without me getting someone on the phone or chat?

I have not been successful for days in getting in touch with MS. I was #6 on chat this morning then it dropped me and chat was no longer available.
I had a reservation for May 31st (One Night) that I cancelled earlier this month. My use year is June so today is the last day of my use year. I have emailed them earlier in the week as well about these points.
I really hope they move these points to my next use year since I only have 7 points remaining next year and would love a night or two at Vero Beach.....

What's my chances of this happening automatically or via my email without me getting someone on the phone or chat?
Same. All day with a busy signal

I've been trying on and off for three days and can't get through. I have a mess of a reservation (I posted about it on another thread on this board). Emailed them twice, without a response. I know they are swamped, but it's still nerve wracking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter