Is anyone getting through?

My TA got through. Already got an email confirming she booked us on the September 22 Egypt trip. No details yet so I don't know if I got an early booking discount or not.

My TA got through as well :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:! I already have the booking confirmation from her! We are going October 20th!

Just checked the price on my confirmation and we got the EBD! YAY! Love my TA! She's booked all but 1 of our ABDs (Central Europe we were on a wait list with ABD and got 2 spots a few months before the trip -- she has booked all the other ones)

Last edited:

Booked for 6 of us. October 20 Egypt. Got into queue with a 6 minute wait which was picked up at 8:35. Queue holds 200 calls. No let up. New calls get added to queue as each call gets completed and drops off. Need to be persistent and redial.

Good.luck everyone!

Got my details and confirmation from my TA. We got the early booking discount!!

We wanted December but changed to June/July. My TA got through in 10 minutes and December had one room left. (We needed 2). She did get the Discount for July! So happy and glad to be going even earlier!

TA line currently saying 90 minute plus hold time. I have been on for 20 minutes and counting. Holy batman.

We just booked the 20 Oct 20 trip to Egypt for my husband and myself! Called at 8 am and was on hold for 1 hr 50 minutes - our booking call was straight forward and took about 20 minutes.

Note: I used to be on the Disboards as Scraptographer, but I can’t remember my password... just saying.

We weren't able to get the Dec Egypt trip because it filled up too quickly. I really wish there was some better priority for those who have have been long time customers. This would be our 10th trip. May have to look into other options since I am not sure I can make summer with with the teenagers' schedules.

Unfortunately, my TA was unable to book the 10/20/20 date for us. She said she could get late September/early October, but those are quarter end/begin dates that affect my husband's job. Needless to say, we are really disappointed. Maybe 2021 will be better. We will keep our DCL Star Wars Day at Sea cruise that would have been canceled had Egypt panned out for us.

Unfortunately, my TA was unable to book the 10/20/20 date for us. She said she could get late September/early October, but those are quarter end/begin dates that affect my husband's job. Needless to say, we are really disappointed. Maybe 2021 will be better. We will keep our DCL Star Wars Day at Sea cruise that would have been canceled had Egypt panned out for us.
My husband has the same issue with end-of-quarter. A lot of the Egypt dates unfortunately were over those dates!

Just on this thread there are 10 of us on the October 20th departure. I can't believe it is already full. I am glad that ds and I are on this trip. The early October date falls over the Cdn Thanksgiving holiday and I celebrate with my family, so that date was out.

Just on this thread there are 10 of us on the October 20th departure. I can't believe it is already full. I am glad that ds and I are on this trip. The early October date falls over the Cdn Thanksgiving holiday and I celebrate with my family, so that date was out.
Make that 12 on this thread on the October 20 date. I am embarrassed to admit that I called at 8 and got right through, and she said we were the first for the 10/20 date with EBD. DW and I debated last night at length whether to do this trip or not, and Cousin Orville's comments to my concerns rang true and we decided to take the leap. Until last night we wanted the opening first date, and realized it was over Ramadan, so 10/20 became our date. Then this morning the prices had gone up for that opening date before booking opened - perhaps they also realized the issues with getting lunch for a group...

We are delighted to be traveling with this group.

Make that 12 on this thread on the October 20 date. I am embarrassed to admit that I called at 8 and got right through, and she said we were the first for the 10/20 date with EBD. DW and I debated last night at length whether to do this trip or not, and Cousin Orville's comments to my concerns rang true and we decided to take the leap. Until last night we wanted the opening first date, and realized it was over Ramadan, so 10/20 became our date. Then this morning the prices had gone up for that opening date before booking opened - perhaps they also realized the issues with getting lunch for a group...

Ramadan is also over the second date, but there was no price increase for it, so Im sure the price increase was just because of popularity.

I'll echo the points - the reimagined 2017 Australia trip had a full day of OYO at down time at the Gold Coast and an amazing very active day in Byron Bay. Byron Bay was probably our favorite day. This was completely cut out. We were the inaugural trip for this reimagined trip and at least in our group virtually everyone enjoyed the unscheduled day to do one or more of hundreds of opportunities on their own or in small groups (ours was skydiving). Now they have one of the activities that some people did - a speedboat ride for 30 minutes on that previously OYO day, and a tiny kayak paddle in the pool or shallows instead of the Byron Bay adventure. We never would have been able to pull off what they put together in Byron Bay on our own, and the group trip was so much more fun than doing this in a small group.

I have to admit - the Egypt trip hits my bucket list spots and has been a dream since I was in middle school. I was just arranging a new trip to combine the London to Venice Orient Express with a week in Venice (our OYO time in Venice knocked my wife's socks off and she wants to return for more) when this popped up. DW is okay with us doing this instead, but it sounds like we'll end up with maxed out groups again...not sure I want to pull the trigger with this much demand...but don't want them to mess it up a la Australia, Scotland or France later. We intended to do Scotland and France until they made the changes. Again, we often think we are no longer the market they seek - DW thinks that market is now the Wall-E scooter passengers on the ship from earth...decisions decisions....

Admittedly, it's nice to have these problems and decisions to deal with, and I do have more confidence in the Disney brand for safety and security than in others...I watched how quickly they modified the Costa Rica trip after their vendor had a plane accident...much to think about.

Just saw on FB that the December Egypt trip filled up in 13 mins and is now at waitlist.

We wanted December but changed to June/July. My TA got through in 10 minutes and December had one room left. (We needed 2). She did get the Discount for July! So happy and glad to be going even earlier!

We weren't able to get the Dec Egypt trip because it filled up too quickly. I really wish there was some better priority for those who have have been long time customers. This would be our 10th trip. May have to look into other options since I am not sure I can make summer with with the teenagers' schedules.

That is just insane about the December trip filling in 13 minutes!!! My TA miraculously got me and DD booked for that one! Looks like we got a rate of $7,849 per person (I'm still waiting for the actual confirm, but I see a charge on my cc for the deposit), which I don't think was EBD but is lower than the current non-red price showing for that date. I should have screenshotted the prices on the website before bookings opened. So sorry for those that wanted that date but are waitlisted. I wonder if folks will start bailing when they find out they didn't get EBD. I also wonder if ABD will add dates like they did with Japan....

I am so glad you decided to book Egypt! I think we are going to love this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!