Is anyone up for a June Scrapbook Challenge?

tammie33

Mouseketeer
The challenges we have the last few months have been a great motivator for me in completing pages. Thought I'd post a new one for June. I personally want to work on my Mom and Dad's album and get throught their wedding pictures. I figure it will take me about 30 pages to finish.

Anyone else want to be challenged this month?

Let's go! I seem to have slept through most of May, for all I have to show for it. But, I did some work this weekend. And if it continues to rain, i'll have lots of inside time to play;-)

I have a lot of trouble finding the time to work on my own albums. I've cut back our schedule big time for the summer, so now I have some more hours in the day. Are we talking front and back as "a page." Let me know.

My goal is to put together a book for my dad for Father's Day. He is into woodworking, having made tons of great stuff from toys, to sleds, to tables to beds, etc for all of his children and grandchildren. I'm got lots of pictures of everything he has done and am putting a book together for him.

I'm caught up with my year 2001 so far and have started looking though 2000 pictures.

Good luck to all.

mbs

Olaf - Count each side as a page. That's what I do and I think it helps makes you feel like you accomplish more.

mbs - Good luck on the father's day book. That sounds great and I'm sure he'll love it.

I've got a whopping one page done in my parents book. It's the title page and I'm pretty happy with it. I need to figure out how I'm going to order the rest of the pages. I'm going to a crop on the 15th and am hoping to get a lot of it done. I'd like to give it to them when I go home to visit on the 21st. Guess I need to get working on it.

Well, I'm in. If we are counting a double spread as 2 pages, then I did 8 in May (well, the last 2 weeks in May). I would like to get my disney holiday album done pretty quickly, as my brother is getting married at the end of June, and I would really like to make my mum a brag book to take to work. I was thinking of something 5 X 7, and getting my photo's developed 3 x 5, so really just 1 or 2 cropped photo's per page, and a sticker or border - nothing too fancy, but I would like to make something special for her, as my brother lives in London so she won't get to see the 'official' photo's very often,

Bev

Ok - I'm in. I managed to get six pages done this weekend and now I need to get my butt in gear. My stepson graduated from high school yesterday and I've decided to put a book together for him. My husband found a ton of pictures last night and we're having a graduation party on Saturday and I'm hoping to give it to him then. I'm hoping to get started tonight. Wish me luck!
Lisa

Good luck Lisa! I'm sure that the book will look wonderful.

mbs

I didn't get to participate in May, so I'm definately in this month. I got 6 pages done at the scrapbook convention this weekend, so I've already started. We missed you at the convention this weekend, Lisachu. Hope you make it next year because we are all going to meet up again! Oh yes, I'm working on my 14 year old son's baby album. This album is for his studio, sports, and school pictures. I'll be making a seperate album for his snapshots. Has anyone else ever made a scrapbook just for professional pictures? I could use some tips. Thanks

I just got back from a "geneology" trip to Ohio. In an effort to "straighten up" some of my folks' disastrous photo albums, this weekend I:
- located scattered photos that covered a little under 90 years
- sorted them into about 12 distinct piles
- interviewed my folks on a (very) brief history for any photo that wasn't self-explanatory
- bought an acid free album, pages, protectors, mounting corners, labeling pens, storage pockets
- mounted & labeled each photo for

:eek: ***52 sides

The remaining 300 photos will have to wait until I'm crazy enough to visit again. Needless to say, I had no sleep :o

My goal has been to finish my daughter's bday album. I think I got a bit off track ;)

Well that would mean I would have to get started! LOL

I have a whole bunch of stuff from my December trip that I want to make into a scrapbook, but now I have to get motivated to do it.

That is awesome. I'm sure your family will appreciate all of the hard work you are doing to preserve your family history. 52 pages is a lot of work.

I just remembered a friend of mine challenged me on another board to "100 days of scrapping" last summer. We're both part-time students & she took last summer off. That left her 3 months in between semesters to catch up on some serious photo organization. I think she completed about 75 sides. I've decided to "ride along" with the challenges on this board, as I impose my own 100 days of summer scrappin'. Heaven knows I could stand to get pages done !

Wow! So many of us have big goals!! All I can say is you go girls!!

Well, I kicked butt last night on my son's graduation album. I completed 21 pages without the journaling and I've got about six more to go. I guess I work really well under pressure!

So that brings my monthly total up to 29 pages. Not nearly as many as scrappinmom_2000, but I'm working on it!

Blessings,
Lisa

I'm usually a lurker on this board but since I'm out for the summer (and need to get my Nov 2000 Disney trip album done) I'll join in!

7 pages of 4 graduations, 6 pages of my inlaws 50th, 2 portrait pages of them, and 2 pages of giraffes at Animal kingdom Lodge. hmmm. . I'd better go count again! That adds up to more than 13 . . .

Come on - Beth E! Let's get started!

June Challenge.. I’m in again.

Thanks to last months challenge I was able to get started again. I finished May with 24 sides and so far this month I have finished 11.

I don’t know when it will all end but I hope I keep going.

Just checking in....26 pages in my son's grad book and 8 in my Disney 2000 book gives me 34. That's more than I've done in the last few months. Yippee! How's everyone else doing? I'm headed for a few days in Dresden, Ohio (Longaberger land) and I'll be taking more pictures. So I guess I'll have more to do when I get home. It never ends!

Lisaschu: Take some light clothes with you! We just returned from there & it's beautiful. I grew up about 30 minutes from Dresden in Z-ville, & this is the first trip I haven't made time to drive out to see the baskets. Are you going for a convention?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter