is Backstage Magic worth it?

a real lady

I am heading to WDW in January to run the 10K, and will have a day on my own before I meet up with my team. I am a Dis fanatic, so i was considering one of the backstage tours-either Keys to the Kingdom or Backstage Magic. Has anyone done either lately? Is BM worth it since it only goes to 2 parks? Any recommendations one way or the other? Thanks in advance!

We loved the Keys to the Kingdom tour!! We have also done Marceline to Magic Kingdom, and it was less money (no lunch included) and was also a great tour. Worth the money IMHO.

I did Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, Marceline to Magic Kingdom, Uncovered Future World & DestiNATIONS Discovered during my trip at the start of the Flower & Garden show in 2017.

Enjoyed all of them. Backstage Magic is the big one (7 hours and not cheap) and although the itinerary is subject to change (we did not visit the Horticulture area because all the topiaries were on display at Epcot, where as at other times of the year it is part of the tour), being shown the areas we were was very interesting.

Our family of four did Keys tour Thursday. I thought it was a great value. Have Disney Visa so around 85 pp with discount. Lasted from 8:30 to around 1:30 with lunch at Pecos Bills. Rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Definitely tiring. We hung around for a few hours after but definitely didn't make it to close at 6. Melody was our guide and she was great!

OP, I did Backstage Magic solo about 8 years ago so am not sure my experience is relevant now. But I would say it was totally worth it!

But I am thinking about doing it again in March with one or two of my grown-up kids and a friend. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have a feel for how far in advance one needs to reserve the tour?

2. When I did the tour we visited all four parks - but the current itinerary only mentions MK and Epcot. Any recent experiences on itinerary?

:wizard:

Thank you to everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I am leaning toward the “biggie” Backstage Magic because it will just be me (my DH and DD’s are staying home for this trip), so I feel like it’s a rare opportunity..... 1 BM tour is a lot cheaper than 4 (LOL) and I’m the biggest Dis-fan in the family. But, I think on the next family trip, we could all do the KTTK tour together, and they would all enjoy that (especially with the Disney Visa Discount).

We did Backstage Magic in November - visited Epcot (American pavilion) and MK (utilidors), plus costuming , laundry, ride repair, animatronics, and I’m sure there’s more I’m not remembering. Those were the only two parks, though.

We did Backstage Magic in November - visited Epcot (American pavilion) and MK (utilidors), plus costuming , laundry, ride repair, animatronics, and I’m sure there’s more I’m not remembering. Those were the only two parks, though.
Did you enjoy it Prose? That’s the itinerary that is currently on the site, and I just booked it for January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts