Is bounce back best offer?

Kingdome8

DIS Veteran
so is bounce back offer really any better then normal public offers? Just curious.
We are going for adult trip in sept and want to go back in summer 2019 for a longer trip. Is alway hotel up to 30% off. Cause isn’t that what it normally is. Is bounce back better then renting points?
Thanks

Bounce back offers are available right away. Sometimes other offers may not be available that are as good or for the dates that you are able to book with BB. Plus, a BB isn't carved in stone. You can always cancel.

Personally, we often book a BB for a future trip with our best guess of when we will be able to go next year. It can be changed later if need be (subject to availability, of course). We don't rent points because we need flexibility to be able to change dates, plus we don't like to pay everything up front. YMMV.

Bounce back offers are available right away. Sometimes other offers may not be available that are as good or for the dates that you are able to book with BB. Plus, a BB isn't carved in stone. You can always cancel.

Personally, we often book a BB for a future trip with our best guess of when we will be able to go next year. It can be changed later if need be (subject to availability, of course). We don't rent points because we need flexibility to be able to change dates, plus we don't like to pay everything up front. YMMV.

Are they much better then normal public offers?

There may be aspects that are better than public offers. For instance, we were able to book POFQ through a bounce back two years in a row. That resort is almost always excluded from public offers.

Typically, the bounceback offered in September is free dining. The free dining dates for the bounceback are usually a little different from the Free Dining that gets released to the public later, so sometimes that is an advantage and sometimes it isn't.

It worked out for us. We are staying CL at WL next month, which was booked as a bounce back. I think we saved more than 30% (my DW did the booking so she would have the exact deal). Essentially the deal made it possible for us to stay CL which we’ve never done before.

They sure are at the moment you book them since you are booking well ahead of any offers that are available for your potential future stay. Just book one, if a better rate should come out later, there is a very good chance that there will be availability and you can switch.

Once you leave, you can no longer book a Bounce Back offer. Only valid during your current onsite stay.

Dave

If by better, you mean is the discount deeper, then I have had discounts that were better as a BB and sometimes it was about the same as the GP released later.

The point is that the GP discount that may come later is never guaranteed to happen. If you qualify for a BB for a time and resort that you would like, it is an advantage to have it booked already. Then you can switch if something better comes along, but you know that you have your BB.

I've only ever booked the free dining bounceback, but it had dates for free dining not offered to the general public and gave you the promo with different ticket requirements than the general public offer too. So, in those ways, I'd say they are a little bit better than regular discounts.

So are the bounceback offers available for anytime in the following year or are they time limited? We will be in Disney in 3 weeks but would like to book for November 2019

The Bounceback will be dedicated to certain dates often clustered....like from Jan 12 - February 15, June 1 - July 31 and Sept 4 - October 31st. (I just randomly chose these dates...it could be anything). If your plans fall within the dates for the Bounceback, yes...it could be free dining or a deep discount. Example: When I was there in March, I booked a Bounceback at a Moderate for 6 nights in August for $900. My dates matched their offer and so it worked. (45 days to GOOOOOOO!!!!!) :cool1:

So are the bounceback offers available for anytime in the following year or are they time limited? We will be in Disney in 3 weeks but would like to book for November 2019
Right now, the bounceback offer is only for dates in 2018. In August (around the 15th) it should switch over to dates for 2019, but I think it's been a while since November has been included in free dining bouncebacks, which is what would be available from mid-August to the end of October.

Right now, the bounceback offer is only for dates in 2018. In August (around the 15th) it should switch over to dates for 2019, but I think it's been a while since November has been included in free dining bouncebacks, which is what would be available from mid-August to the end of October.

Unless something has changed, next year BB normally comes out late September or early October.

Unless something has changed, next year BB normally comes out late September or early October.
I know the current offer ends on August 15th. I assume that's when the new BB comes out, which is normally free dining through October, then it'll switch to a room discount in November for dates in 2019. At least, that's how it's gone down in the past - who really knows what Disney will do!

Not true. We did free dining bounce backs several years in a row and we were always there the end of August. The dates were for the following August into the following Fall.

Yep, Same here. We always stay last week of August and book the bounceback for the following late August. The past few years it has been free dining.

To the OP, when I compare the summer Deals that Disney releases in the spring to the bounceback that I booked the previous summer, the bouncback is always a better deal for us.

If you qualify for a BB for a time and resort that you would like, it is an advantage to have it booked already. Then you can switch if something better comes along, but you know that you have your BB.

I agree, it never hurts to book a BB as it can always be modified (pending availability) or cancelled ;).

Not true. We did free dining bounce backs several years in a row and we were always there the end of August. The dates were for the following August into the following Fall.

Yep, Same here. We always stay last week of August and book the bounceback for the following late August. The past few years it has been free dining.

To the OP, when I compare the summer Deals that Disney releases in the spring to the bounceback that I booked the previous summer, the bouncback is always a better deal for us.
Is it just FD that is available that early? We only do the RO BB and I always remember having to take a quick trip in October to get the RO BB for the following year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter