Is Brazil Happening At World Showcase?

Don't forget the feijoada as well as the shrimps with thin sliced potatoes in a garlic sauce!

I'm all for the country being added, however I think an attraction is needed.

It'd certainly be nice if there were an attraction. Not all the pavilions have them, and they are the ones I hardly ever go into. Even just a film or something of that nature would create more of a draw. Maybe they can at least do a nice meet & greet with Jose. I can't think of another character that would be appropriate for Brazil.

I read tonight that it will be coming in 2022 with no attraction.

I do hope they can relocate the train set indoors in Germany.

6 pavilions out of 11 have an attraction/movie. Germany - Italy and Japan - Morocco are the two without anything that are adjacent to each other. To put Brazil between Germany and Italy without an attraction would mean 3 pavilions in a row without an attraction. Epcot has always had a capacity problem. They don't need a thrill ride rather someplace to simply put the increase in the crowds that are expected. I would love a history of Brazil boat ride with Jose narrating.

FOP light type ride based on Rio (now a Disney property)?

Or Tres Caballeros (one is Brazilian) and Coco to Mexico

They won’t do a ride based on Rio, that would cause way too much confusion even if Disney does technically own it now.

I'm not a fan of rides in WS. It gets tight enough as it is back there and WS has always been my escape from the mayhem of everything else that is Disney. But it is what it is at this point. If they are building a new pavilion, why not go ahead and put a ride in it.

As far as Italy, I don't know why its even there. There is absolutely nothing to it. A complete waste of space.

I'm not a fan of rides in WS. It gets tight enough as it is back there and WS has always been my escape from the mayhem of everything else that is Disney. But it is what it is at this point. If they are building a new pavilion, why not go ahead and put a ride in it.

As far as Italy, I don't know why its even there. There is absolutely nothing to it. A complete waste of space.

I don't think it has to be a ride, but a nice show could be cool. They do cool things now, like the new Cars Racing Academy show at HS. One animatronic and a 360-degrees wrap-around screen, and you'd have a decent attraction in a small enough footprint. I don't know what the best thing would be for Brazil as far as the theme, but I think that would suit nicely.

Italy is like the worst pavilion. Even Canada has a Circle-Vision movie.

I don't know what the best thing would be for Brazil as far as the theme, but I think that would suit nicely.
UP!!! Who wouldn't love an Up attraction? (That's not an original idea of mine - it's been circulated 'round these parts every time the Brazil pavilion rumor stirs back up.)
giphy.gif

UP!!! Who wouldn't love an Up attraction? (That's not an original idea of mine - it's been circulated 'round these parts every time the Brazil pavilion rumor stirs back up.)
giphy.gif

Is that specifically in Brazil though? It seems like it just takes place in an undisclosed area of South America. I mean, maybe, but I don't know that it would really showcase the country.

I definitely want each of the parks to feel different but I think appropriate rides can fit. Even like the Grand Fiesta tour I think is just a fun way to see a bit more about the country. I would less like to see just trill rides that sort of have a connection to the countries

I agree. We took the two kids on my street to WDW a few years ago. We hit every character meal, enjoyed every park, and saw some evening shows. WHat did those two love the most? The Grand Fiesta Tour. It is such a nice little boat ride and one everyone can enjoy, I think that Epcot can absorb a few more attractions, rides and shows, and they do not need to be thrill rides, have fireworks, or surprises. They just need to be entertaining and offer a place to sit.
Of all the parks, this one really needs indoor seating, IMO.

I hope this means they will have a restaurant!
Me too!

It has been reconfirmed by insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - that this will open in 2022 with no attraction, he stated that months ago, and reiterated recently.

He also stated that there is a ride designed, and could be added later.

giphy.gif
An Up ride belongs at Disney Springs since the up house had a mall built around it.

I am all for the addition of adding Brazil and a dining option and shops will be great. A ride however I am not really a fan of in the WS. I am all for adding more rides to Future World, but am more for keeping WS what it is in my opinion a Historical journey around the world. Being a High School History teacher Epcots WS is by far my favorite part of Disney World and not for the Frozen Ride, but for the movies about the countries, entertainment, food and culture that each pavilion showcases.

Is that specifically in Brazil though? It seems like it just takes place in an undisclosed area of South America. I mean, maybe, but I don't know that it would really showcase the country.
No, it's not specific to Brazil - I don't think the movies specifies where in South America they end up. But if they can put Frozen in Norway, then all of those rules go out the window. I was thinking that something about the rainforests of South America/Brazil could be the tie in - but, as I think about that more, that would be more appropriate in AK (where Kevin is now wandering around).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter