Is Captain's Grill at Yatch & Beach Club?

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hey all....Does anyone know if they changed the name or did away with the Captain's Grill Restaurant at Yatch & Beach Club? I believe it was on the Yatch club side....We ate a nice sit down dinner there years back and also a buffet breakfast in the morning. I remember the food being delicious and almost 1/2 the price of a character meal.

It's now called Ale and Compass and it's pretty good. It's on Yacht side. If you go for dinner or hang in their lounge, you must try the Parker House Rolls with spread appetizer...sooooo good.

Hey all....Does anyone know if they changed the name or did away with the Captain's Grill Restaurant at Yatch & Beach Club? I believe it was on the Yatch club side....We ate a nice sit down dinner there years back and also a buffet breakfast in the morning. I remember the food being delicious and almost 1/2 the price of a character meal.

Just my opinion, but we don’t like Ale & Compass as much as we liked the old Captain’s Grill. We are more basic “meat & potatoes” type people. The menu now is smaller & has more “foodie” type items. Many people love it, we don’t. They still have a type of buffet for breakfast, but it is not the same as before. It is a limited buffet, with fruit, yogurt & pastries, plus you get an entree from the menu. They no longer have the bagels, waffles, bacon, sausage etc on the buffet. It isn’t a typical breakfast buffet.

And sorry to disagree with lovin’fl, but we were not even impressed with the Parker house rolls. They are a paid appetizer, there is no included bread service with dinner. You get maybe 5 small rolls which have butter & cheese drizzled on them. Then they have a couple of little tubs of flavored butter, cheese & a bacon jam to put in them. We thought they were just ok.

Last edited:

We enjoyed our dinner at Ale & Compass so much that DW says to add this to our regular dining rotation. She had the smoked short ribs and I had the New England seafood pot pie (served with a really impressive puffed pastry top). Both were first rate. The service was attentive but food was slow coming out of the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter