Is Congress Park w/ DTD view noisy?

kahluacream

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of requesting to stay in Congress Park for our first visit to SSR. I like the convenience to DTD, and it seems like it wouldn't be too far to the main pool and restaurant area.

Is a room with a DTD view going to be noisy at all? I know that DTD can be a busy place at night, and sleep is really important to us!!! ;)

If you've stayed in this section, could you please let me know how quiet/loud it was over there. Did you hear any noise from your villa?

TIA! :)

We stayed in the first building in the CP area at Thanksgiving, 2br with a view towards DTD. I think things would really get out of hand over at PI for you to hear it at SSR. Though I did read the "noisy" review in on of the WDW tour books, after a couple of days I was :confused3 .

My youngest is a very light sleeper and if it got loud enough he would have been up.

Have stayed in Congress park 2 times, both times I can't say that the noise was out of control (if your sliding glass door is closed). If you sit on the veranda you can hear the music and the DJ making announcements (mumbled). we stay in the Paddock now, more secluded it is a little walk to the main building 5-7 minutes, but the kids love to walk across the long foot bridge.

We didn't hear a thing when we had a DTD view. Our door was shut. If it was open you could hear, but it was distant. You are close but not that close.

We have stayed in Congress Park on both our SSR vacations and never had a problem with noise. In January 2005 the fireworks show from PI was still happening -- DW had no clue the fireworks were shooting off at midnight until I pulled back the curtain so she could see them. The windows are very noise resistant.

We have stayed in the CP section twice now. I too am confused where a noisy review might have come from. Last April our room overlooked DTD and the CP quiet pool (there is a picture of our view if you follow the link in my signature) and found it very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are amazingly soundproof. We woke up one morning late (sleeping in a bit), looked out our window, and, to our surprise, groundskeeping was mowing the lawn just below our room. If I had not looked out the window I would not even have know the tractor was there - the rooms are that soundproofed!

As far as noise from DTD, I suppose there might be some sounds of music or whatever if the wind was right and you were sitting on your balcony, but you would certainly not be disturbed while you were sleeping....

Have a great trip!

We couldn't even hear the fireworks with our door shut (when they were still doing that). I thought it was VERY quiet.

I stayed at SSR the first month after opening. I had no problems with DTD except when fireworks went off. They are loud and windows were not open. It was enough to wake me up but I wake up at just about anything.

We stayed during a very busy time and I couldn't hear anything at all even on our balcony at night. We had a gorgeous view of Fulton's Crabhouse and it was always extremely quiet.

I believe it's been reported before but I thought I had read that SSR rooms are the only sound proof rooms currently with DVC.

We love CP views and as soon as that balcony door closes there is no outside sound in the room, in our experiences while staying there.

~DW:3dglasses

I've stayed at CP several times now and only heard music (muffled) once or twice. I don't think you'd have any problems. We usually are so beat by the time we get back to the room, they could be showing Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic on the DTD lake and we wouldn't care.:)

We stay in Congress Park every trip and have never had a noise complaint. We were there during Hurricane Jeanne and I watched most of it through the sliders and with all that was going on, waves on the lake, trees whipping and falling and wind howling, we could not hear any of it with the sliders closed.

SSR was originally designed and built to keep noise out with double paned glass and sliders. As long as you dont sleep with your sliders open, you will not hear a thing from DTD.

I agree about not hearing the fireworks too. I stayed up for several nights trying to catch those fireworks and always missed them. I finally stayed out at the Congress Park quiet pool one night and got to see them.
DTD no longer has the nightly fireworks, so you wont even hear those.

Now NYE, you will hear the PI fireworks!

We have stayed in the CP section twice now. I too am confused where a noisy review might have come from. Last April our room overlooked DTD and the CP quiet pool (there is a picture of our view if you follow the link in my signature) and found it very quiet and peaceful. The rooms are amazingly soundproof. We woke up one morning late (sleeping in a bit), looked out our window, and, to our surprise, groundskeeping was mowing the lawn just below our room. If I had not looked out the window I would not even have know the tractor was there - the rooms are that soundproofed!

As far as noise from DTD, I suppose there might be some sounds of music or whatever if the wind was right and you were sitting on your balcony, but you would certainly not be disturbed while you were sleeping....

Have a great trip!

I think the Unofficial Guide brings up the noise from PI in their review.

disney learned some things - the buses and pools are further back from the rooms than at OKW.

the balcony doors when closed kept out most noise.

I was behind the pool and even saw the fireworks - of course the other nights we were so tired that nothing could kept me awake.

the fireworks are now gone - remember. they only know show them on NY.

if this is incorrect please say!!!

I was wondering about the fireworks. I'm sorry to hear they don't have them anymore. That was one of the things I was looking forward to when we finally stay at SSR. Oh well. I still think the walk to DTD will be a nice addition.

DJ

I think the Unofficial Guide brings up the noise from PI in their review.

Yes! That's exactly where I saw that bit of info (thanks Starr!) - I couldn't remember where I had seen it. As I said in my post above, we have never had any problems with noise at CP.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter