Is DC Animal Trek worth it? And discounted entry question…

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
Honestly, the main reason I want to do it is just in case we get to interact with otters, which are my daughters’ favorite animal. If you don’t get any more interaction than you would with just a regular day pass, I may skip it. I have heard that trainer for a day does a little something with the otters, but so does animal trek. I’m not 100% sure if they are meaning you get to watch them up close or feed them or what. Any info appreciated! Also… I have heard that when you go to Discovery Cove, on your way out, they offer you a discounted entry the next day. Is this always true? I’m debating whether to get the second day on Black Friday or take a chance that they will offer it when I go next year.

I don't know. BUT if they do offer discounted next day entry, it would almost certainly be discounted off the list price at that time... which may be twice as much as the Black Friday ticket price anyways. Especially if you get it on Undercover Tourist. Short notice DC tickets are generally much more expensive than if they were bought months earlier. See if you can figure out what the non-discounted price is for the date in question, that might help extrapolate.

I don't know. BUT if they do offer discounted next day entry, it would almost certainly be discounted off the list price at that time... which may be twice as much as the Black Friday ticket price anyways. Especially if you get it on Undercover Tourist. Short notice DC tickets are generally much more expensive than if they were bought months earlier. See if you can figure out what the non-discounted price is for the date in question, that might help extrapolate.
That makes sense. Better to do get it now I think. Thank you!

There was nothing with the otters the last time I did Animal Trek

I did the animal trek.

We got to see a 3 plate armadillo, toni frog mouth, military macaw, and a 3 toed sloth.

My boys enjoyed it. You do in groups of 10 or so. If seeing those types of animals and potentially having the birds land on you, is your thing then it’s worth it.

I don’t think it was but i am harsh on extras

We did the dolphin swim. It was cool to be that close to a dolphin although you really aren’t swimming with them. You are standing on the bank watching dolphins do certain actions based on hand movements. Then you get to grab a hold of it and let it swim for 50 feet. Then a picture with your group and the is taken.

My daughter loves flamingos so her and my wife did the flamingo mingle. She was 12 at the time and enjoyed it.

The grand reef was the best experience and it was free.

We've been offered a second day for $50 per person. Even when not explicitly offered, we asked, and it was still $50.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter