Is dessert still included in QS dining?

tbird89

Mouseketeer
Got free QS dining for December and was wondering if a dessert is still included with a counter service meal? If not, can you get a dessert using a snack credit? :thanks:in advance!!!

No it is not. It used to be included with both meals, then there was one snack credit. They eliminated the dessert with the meal, but added a snack credit, so now there is two a day. Yes, you can get most desserts with a snack credit. Just look for the purple DDP snack credit symbol.

We too loved this change, because we tended to be full by the end of the QS meal and take the desert just because, which ended up smashed in the backpack, or we’d eat it and be too full. If there is a desert we have our eye on, we get one or two and split it and it’s the same “experience”, and we still come out ahead credit wise. 😍

No.
They took away 2 desserts and only added 1 snack credit. (so really you're getting less for your money)
You can use your snack credits for dessert if you wish.
I tend to only do that at BOG since I love the dessert there. Otherwise I use the snacks for snacks because I find that I'm full enough with a drink, main dish, and side dish.

No.
They took away 2 desserts and only added 1 snack credit. (so really you're getting less for your money)
I tend to only do that at BOG since I love the dessert there. Otherwise I use the snacks for snacks because I find that I'm full enough with a drink, main dish, and side dish.
But they did add Alcohol or Specialty drinks Like milkshakes

But they did add Alcohol or Specialty drinks Like milkshakes

Yes but not everyone wants to take advantage of alcohol and specialty drinks.
You cannot deny that they took away 2 desserts and only added 1 snack.
Yet with the regular dining plan you still get the alcohol and specialty drinks and while they took away 1 dessert they added 1 snack which makes it an even swap.

THAT'S RIGHT!!! It used to be only 1 snack. Thanks for the info.!!
And just FYI most resorts will let you substitute a dessert for a drink since refillable mugs are included with the plan. It’s inconsistent, but some QS places in the parks allow this too. Just ask each place if interested. Again it’s inconsistent but worth asking about. Hubby and I usually stick with our alcoholic drinks but our kids swapped out their drink for a big dessert every time when we dined at our resort and just a couple places in the parks without going against snack credits.

Yes but not everyone wants to take advantage of alcohol and specialty drinks.
You cannot deny that they took away 2 desserts and only added 1 snack.
Yet with the regular dining plan you still get the alcohol and specialty drinks and while they took away 1 dessert they added 1 snack which makes it an even swap.

Heck, a few years ago you got desserts with QS meals and two snacks. Then they took away one snack. Then they took away the desserts entirely and gave you back one snack. Then they added the specialty drinks.

No.
Not correct.
They took 1 Dessert -from QS- and. added 1 snacks out get dessert with TS meals

Not correct.
They took 1 Dessert -from QS- and. added 1 snacks out get dessert with TS meals

Was OP not speaking of the QSDP?
They in fact took away 2 desserts and added 1 snack.
If you read my other post farther down you will see that I did make it clear that on the regular DDP they took away one dessert and added a snack which was an even swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!