Is Disney Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash any good?

Momma J

Earning My Ears
Is the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the new dispensers any good or should I bring my own?

My daughter loves the stuff and I can't stand it. It's the same Sea Marine shampoo that was in the individual bottles last time we went. I do love the aloe cooling gel they provide. Not sure if they have that at all resorts though.

It all depends on you and your hair/body and what it likes.

Many people love Disney's products.

Personally I've barely ever used them to really know.

Instead I just bring what I know my hair and body likes this way there's no surprises of knots or frizz or unpleasant itching from using a different product.

I loved it. I stayed at 4 different hotels through the course of my last trip and Disney products were my favorite.

I bring my own. My hair hates the Disney shampoo and I'm not happy with any of the different fragrances either.

My kids love it... probably because it says Disney. I think it's pretty awful. It's supposed to be higher quality, I guess, because it's H2O. But it looks and feels like I'm placing green slime on my head and the smell is bizarre.

Adding that I've only used it in the individual travel sized containers. I've never used the dispensers and I won't. Because I don't trust that it hasn't been tampered with by previous guests.

I tried the body wash in one of the new on-the-wall bottle setups, and was not impressed. It didn't seem to lather as well as the bar soap, so we just kept shuttling the one bar of soap left by the sink back and forth till we got a new one.

I love the way they smell. I don't use the shampoo and conditioner because I get my hair colored/straightened (Brazilian blowouts) and have to use specific products to maintain that. I do use the body wash/lotion, etc. and like those.

If it's still the H20+ products then yes, those products in general are good quality, but it depends what scent is in the room if I will use it or not. I'm not fond of the sea scented one, but did used to like the citrus one.

Last edited:
When I'm at Disney it's summer. I wash my hair and throw it up in a bun/pony. Those products work just fine for that. I think if I wanted to blow dry and style my hair, I would need to bring products from home.
I won't use body wash and I don't like the bar soap at WDW, so I bring my own bar of soap. Foaming hand soap for the sink, too.

My DH also only uses DOVE soap on his body - so we ship our own stuff and more to our resort ;)

We liked it and you can buy it in their stores. Why waste luggage space and bring your own?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter