Is Disney Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash any good?

Proceeds to cancel all trips and never travel again after reading that.

Nah. I swipe the remote with a Lysol wipe and move on.

I substitute teach in preschool - which means not only do I work with some of the most accomplished germ-spreaders on the planet, I go in and do it after they've already taken their regular teacher down.

I can't live in fear.

I tried the H2O shampoo, conditioner and body wash on our arrival night at Pop Century. The shampoo and conditioner were fine...I didn’t love it but it was ok. The body wash, however, made me break out in red splotches and rashes all over my body. I don’t typically have sensitive skin (my husband has the sensitive skin) so when I broke out and he didn’t we were a little shocked. I took a shower the next night using my bath products and started feeling a little better...took 2 showers before the rashes went away.

So...I don’t find their products to be superior like I’ve heard them to be.

It smells gross (like medicine) and doesn't do anything special. I bring my own. If it ain't broke, ya know?

It's just one less thing that I have to bring, and I usually wear a baseball hat while I'm in Disney.

Depends if you are allergic to it, which, thankfully I am not. Love the stuff.

We have always brought our own shampoo and conditioner. The travel size is enough for one week (for one person). The mini bars of soap fit the purpose for the week.

I tried the body wash in one of the new on-the-wall bottle setups, and was not impressed. It didn't seem to lather as well as the bar soap, so we just kept shuttling the one bar of soap left by the sink back and forth till we got a new one.
You know you can request more soap?

I’ve always used the Disney products, less bottles for me to pack. It’s fine. I’ve not had the wall units. I don’t think they were installing them in the Deluxe resorts. But the product is the same. I do bring a leave in conditioner to use after I shampoo & condition in the shower, I do this at home too.

I like it. I do prefer the body wash to the hand soap which just never seems to lather well enough for me.

I don’t think they were installing them in the Deluxe resorts.

They are now. We still had bottles at BWI in December but they had the wall mounted ones at AKL last week.

We are pretty brand specific on all of our toiletries and body products so we always bring all of our own stuff. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, body wash, face cream, etc.

Honestly I never knew people actually used hotel toiletries (unless you are staying at a true deluxe that gives true deluxe toiletries) until I came to the Dis. Everyone I know in real life takes their own products. I've asked my coworkers this question and it's the same thing.....they bring their own.

The shampoo and conditioner are fine if you have oily hair. But if your hair is dry, your hair will get dried out, be very snarly and hard to brush, and in my case, frizz up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter