Is Disney Springs worth it?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by mastermind307, Mar 17, 2018.

1. pineapplepalms

pineapplepalms Mouseketeer

We love DS and always arrange our trips so we have at least an afternoon there. Lots of great food options (Homecomin' is a favorite) and we also enjoy the ambience, live music, and shops. We don't have much time at home for a leisurely afternoon of eating and shopping, so we enjoy spending some of our vacation time doing that. We go to WDW often enough that we don't feel like we're missing out on park time; instead, it's all part of the vacation experience. If you'd rather be going on rides or at the pool and don't care for the restaurants and shops, it probably won't offer as much appeal.

aliciamakino likes this.
  2. nesser1981

nesser1981 DIS Veteran

Our kids loved the Lego Store, and we did the World of Disney, Christmas store, it was a non park day for us and we usually go every visit. I love it, but it was so much busier this time than previous visits.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. blueferral

blueferral Mouseketeer

We go to the spring on our non park day to have silhouettes of the kids made. Don't want to have it done when in the park. Amazing seeing the changes as they age.

WDW_Ding likes this.
  5. apple9117

apple9117 Mouseketeer

Disney Springs is a fun experience. Has outdoor entertainment, plenty of stores and food choices. If you've never been, I highly recommend going at least once!

Tiki_Sara likes this.
  6. MikeNamez

MikeNamez Mouseketeer

Disney Springs is a must stop every night I'm in WDW. Sometimes I don't even get there until 10-11 at night but its worth it. I barely shop but great food and boose along the way.

Mr & Mrs DD likes this.
  7. MinnieUK

MinnieUK Earning My Ears

I think depending on where you are from and what restaurants/stores are near you, it is worth walking around on a non-park day or as op was thinking, after a park day. My daughter is 10 and loves Sprinkles. We all love Blaze, which is a tasty, fresh, lunch or dinner at a reasonable price. The kids always love a walk through the Lego store, and we discovered the UNIQLO last visit this past October which was fun and we found much needed and practical hoodies. We really want to check out the patisserie this coming visit, though my daughter is still planning a cupcake from Sprinkles too. Anyways, even if you aren't a big shopper, it is nice to walk around and see and experience some nice shops and get some different eats than park food, in a really nice atmosphere.

8. ZoZo

ZoZo DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good plan. FYI, the brownie sundae is really, really good!

9. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

For us, no. I do like The Disney specific stores, but it’s just too big now. We have all (most) of the non Disney stores in our hometown- many in the outdoor shopping center two miles away. We have a Sprinkles and a Blaze and an AMC with reserved seats within 10 minutes from our house. To be fair, we don’t have a Ghiradelli ;)

Summer2018 likes this.
  10. mastermind307

mastermind307 DIS Veteran

The brownie sundae is one of their favorites, that's why she wants to go and get one and send him a pic of it. Just to rub it in that she gets one and he doesn't.:rotfl2:

11. Court7321

Court7321 Earning My Ears

If you don't really have the extra time, I would skip it. It is mostly shops and restaurants, although they have a few other touristy-type things to do. We always go there on the day we arrive (Sat) because we don't want to waste a park ticket by just going to the park for a few hours on Saturday evening. We also usually stay at one of the Port Orleans resorts, so taking the boat over is part of the experience for us. After 16 hours of driving, it is a nice way for us to ease into our week. We always make a reservation at one of the restaurants, and then just browse around, take pics in the Lego store, etc., then take the boat back and get rested up for the next morning!

12. piratepride

piratepride Mouseketeer

Breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express is great! Check out the HUGE Disney Store and be sure to stop by Ghirardelli's for your free chocolate sample! My daughter love to shop here. Many stores that we do not have locally like Lush, etc.