Is Disney Springs worth it?

I didn't think I'd like Disney Springs much, but then my first trip to World I took a trip down that way just to check it out once to say I did, and, well, now I can't see a trip where I don't head there at least once?

Usually for dinner after I'm done in the parks; for my money and palate, Disney Springs has some of the best food at the entire resort (Blaze Pizza and D'Luxe Burger being perennial favorites); throw in the AMC and the Coke Store, and you're in for a good evening, as far as I'm concerned

One of the things I wanted to do on our next trip was to spend some time at Disney Springs. But after reading more about it, I'm not so sure anymore. It is really just like an outdoor mall? Are there mostly stores you can find anywhere? We're really not interested in shopping or the musical entertainment. Nor will we want to bowl or see a movie. And the only place DD wants to eat is at the Ghirardelli ice cream shope to get a brownie sundae. Should we just skip Disney Springs?
I really don’t care for DS after it’s remodeling. IMO, there’s not much Disney about it. I think it’s much like a high end outdoor mall on Southern California. We went twice during our last trip. Once at night on arrival day so we’d have something to do & only went back a second time for Homecomin’. I have no plans on going back to DS during any more vacations.

I used to love Disney Quest, it was always a nice place to take a park break. It was also fun when Pleasure Island would have concerts. Some of the stores are fun to look in and I still love taking a ride on the sassagoula river to and from Dixie Landings (sorry, still call it that) aka Port Orleans Riverside.

What's a trip to Disney without a stop at The Adventurers Club or Cirque du Soleil... oh well.

We use to make World of Disney a stop each trip, as it was one of the few locations to get AP discounts. Now with kids grown we don't buy as much stuff, and can get shopping discounts at most Disney shops. There are some very nicely themed restaurants. But at this point, it's something we do vary rarely... but I would say you should do it once.

If using Disney busses, can anyone tell me the approximate travel time between DS and Pop and also DS and Swolfin? Trying to figure out if it's worth the time it will take to get there and back. I'm not a big shopper, but I think my kids would geek out at the Lego store, and some of the restaurants there seem like they might be better choices than in the parks.

One big plus in regards to the shopping is you can see many of the items on sale. You can then purchase the ones you like later via the Shop Disney app. Additionally, UniQlo often has unique designs that are pretty reasonably priced (and not available on their website).

I always stop in at the Christmas store because ornaments are a no-brainer stocking stuffers. And, after at least a dozen visits, I finally figured out that the kiosks in the main area are designed to look like stands for giant Christmas trees you are standing beneath. That could be a fun photo opportunity.

christmas store_sm.jpg

Only go if you like spending valuable vacation time at a crowded outdoor mall.
exactly!
We used to like it when it was uniquely Disney! Back when the World of Disney and Christmas shops had lots of great Disney stuff that you can't find anywhere else. But it hasn't been like that in a few years. And now that the bus stop is so far from the only stores we are interested in, we said we'd never go back.
And there are so many great restaurants at all the parks and resorts no reason to fight the "shopping" crowd just to have dinner.
So.... We won't be going there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter