Is DVC worth it for international buyers ?

Blueslegend

Earning My Ears
Being a DVC member since 2010 (from the UK) I booked the trip of a lifetime at a 2 bed Boulder Ridge Villa (VWL for us old stagers) for the Christmas Week. I was proud to invite some very good friends of ours. Their 13 year old daughter was bouncing off the walls. We can’t have children so this is our surrogate daughter, and I am very proud of her. I want to make it special. However whilst I have a reservation booked pre pandemic, I can’t buy tickets.

However tickets and NEW resort reservations are now on sale to the general public in the US so long as you are not an International visitor (Albeit I have had a DVC reservation for months).

I bought into DVC on the promise of Magical Holidays for years to come. I have been screwed over, neglected and pushed aside. This cost me thousands of dollars. For what ?

I have asked DVC whether there is a problem. If do you not envisage international visitors this year just say so. All I want is an explanation. I’ve heard nothing. This is disrespectful in fact bordering on contempt.

If anyone is thinking about DVC, don’t bother. The leadership is appalling. Customer service is non existent. And their mantra of Welcome Home should be replaced by....don’t forget your annual dues. The simple fact is, there is zero benefit. Actually you get put to the back of line and treated like a second class citizen.

Keep safe.

HI, I'm popping this over to the correct board for you. However, to address some of your comments, you can purchase tickets, you just cannot purchase the 14 day unlimited UK tickets. You could have chosen to buy tickets when you first made the reservation and now, due to a global pandemic, we find ourselves in unprecedented times and Disney has obviously had to do what is needed to preserve the safety of its visitors. It is nothing to do with no wanting, or expecting, International visitors and everything to do with limiting the number of people who can visit the parks. This is one of the reasons why they have limited the sale of Annual Passes currently too. They cannot give you an explanation on whether or not they expect to see International visitors, nobody knows that at the moment. It isn't DVC who has prevented you from being able to visit the US. At this point, if you still intend to visit over Christmas, you can buy 7 day tickets. While I appreciate that might not be what you want, that is the only option available to all at the moment, DVC member or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts