Is food spicy or different at BOMA's

hellokitty

dis veteran/disney addict
we are almost near our 90 day Ps time and I wondered if the food at BOMA was spicy or used strange spices? I cannot
eat such things...yes, I am a bland food person... meat and potato gal,

anyhow, we are wanting to try this for a parents night out, but dont want to be dissapointed if it has unusual spices and such.

if not, would you recommend O'hana's?

HelloKitty - I wouldn't say that it's spicy (although the ribs were a bit spicy for my then -3yo once) - but they do use alot of spices. Check the recipes at

http://allearsnet.com/din/rec.htm

Lots of cumin, ginger, coconut...etc.....Not really a meat and potato place (although, you probably could get those here - you might not enjoy the bulk of their offerings) - Hence you might want to do Ohana's instead. This is one of my top fave restaurants - but you should definitely check the menu and recipes first if you like bland foods. If you are feeling adventurous - then give it a go!! J

BOMA is my FAVORITE restaurant but they do use unusual spices, and if you are a picky eater you may not like it. 'Ohana's is my second favorite restaurant and I would definitely recommend you go here because it is a "steak and potatoes" heaven!:teeth:
Hope this helps!:wave2:

Boma does use some "unusual" spices, though most things aren't hot and spicy.

Although it's a favorite of mine I'd say if you are a meat and potatoes or plain jane type of eater Boma may not be a good choice for you. Looking at the recipes will give you a good idea of what is offered. Boma does offer prime rib, garden salad, kids choices (mac & cheese, chicken fingers) and some standard desserts. However, the real joy of Boma is it's regional cuisine. If you can't enjoy that it's not worth it IMO.

I'd suggest 'Ohana, Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon instead.

They do use lots of spices but I wouldnt say the food was hot spicy. If you like mild curried flavours you will enjoy Boma. The carrot and Ginger soup was delicious:hyper: One thing I found was that the foods their seem very heavy. Lots of meaty dishes and lots of carbs! Very filling but very delicious. I literally waddled out of the restaurant.::yes::

the food itself...not spicy..but, they do offer an assortment of sauces for the meats and such that you can add on to them.

Boma is wonderful...you should definately go.

We also enjoyed the food at Boma. Kids had their usual fare, so they were okay too. My only negative comment is that it was very noisy, and I was hoping for one WDW that was a little more peaceful. Can't they try to soundproof the restaurants just a little?
Night owl

Originally posted by Mid-Night Owl
We also enjoyed the food at Boma. Kids had their usual fare, so they were okay too. My only negative comment is that it was very noisy, and I was hoping for one WDW that was a little more peaceful. Can't they try to soundproof the restaurants just a little?
Night owl

they seriously should have a nice peaceful resturaunt thats like got different themes or something...ill work on this thought and post again when i got it down. lol.

EDIT: also i just took a look at a virtual tour/ 360 degree rotating picture of boma. the place looks like it could b fun to eat there

THANKS for the reciepe's I will check it out.

I may go to O'hana's instead. but it sure seems the kids
might like to come there? seems they do some stuff for kids?

I may go to O'hana's instead. but it sure seems the kids
might like to come there? seems they do some stuff for kids?

Yes, they have some games for the kids and entertainment during dinner.

I was so bummed last trip - We had been looking forward to Boma for a long time, but I had tummy troubles & couldn't enjoy the richly spiced foods (as said, rich, not hot) I couldn't really find enough plain food to make the cost worth while....
My son loved it & I am looking forward to trying it again without the tummy troubles -

I don't think a picky eater would enjoy itr at all - You are wise to do O'hana's instead & the games are a hoot for the kiddos....

"they seriously should have a nice peaceful resturaunt thats like got different themes or something..."

Actually, WDW does have them. Citricos at the Grand Floridian is one of the quietest dinner spots in WDW, as well as serving the most spectacular food - better even than the California Grill.

As for Boma, I'd say forget about meat and potatoes. That's not being "picky" - that's being squeamish! You owe it to yourself to be adventurous!

I would also say Boma's food is not spicy hot, but richly spiced. Many that I tried were on the sweet spicy side. All three of us (DH, DD - 2 1/2, I) loved it. DD didn't even have anything from the kids buffet, she loved the tastes of the regular dishes. However if you are not adventerous than you might want to do another restaurant instead. I'm not sure I'd pick 'Ohana's though for a parent-only night out. How about California Grill, Artist Point, Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse just to name a few that would be more quiet with a selection on non-spicy foods.

Hi hellokitty,

I'm not just a "meat and potatoes" person, but I didn't enjoy Boma. No the food is not spicy hot, but it is spiced and everything is spiced a little different. I enjoyed the food while I was eating it (well most of it, some I didn't like) but my stomach hurt all night afterward. I didn't over eat. I think all the rich food didn't sit well. I think if I'd just had one dish, with one spice, and not tried several small helpings of different things I wouldn't have felt so sick. Good food, but my constitution can't handle it.

princess: Shelly

thanks for your input shelly, that sounds like me.

i will stay away from Boma and now will think of another
mom/dad place to be w/o the kiddos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter