Is FOP still a tough FP at 60 days?

Uh...is this FP unavailability a new thing? Because I've never had any problems booking at 60 days out the past few years. Is it only an issue for certain attractions? I will be booking FP later this month so I guess I'll find out.

It's really only an issue for FOP and 7DMT. I have no trouble getting anything else if I don't wait too long.

Unfortunately, if you must do AK the first 2 days of your trip, you will struggle to get FoP FP. Even a year from now
Can you adjust anything around?

I wish I could, but the rest of our family that check in 3 days after we do, has no interest in going to AK or HS ( which I'm still baffled by :confused3), so I'm kind of stuck with cramming them into our first 3 days there. I may have to see if one of our non-park days, if I can squeeze in a couple hours at AK at night, just to get those FPs. They can just go do their own thing! :rotfl:

While we're at it, can Na'vi be gotten relatively easy at 60 days now?

We're talking about Flight of Passage at Pandora, I don't think the other FP+ are that difficult to get (except 7DMT, I guess.)
Thanks! Somehow I glossed right over the FOP part since that's a new acronym for me. :) I am hoping to get a FP for FOP, but I'm only taking a 3-day trip, so it sounds like I might be out of luck. I'll try though!

Unfortunately, if you must do AK the first 2 days of your trip, you will struggle to get FoP FP. Even a year from now
Can you adjust anything around?

That's why I changed my AK days to reflect this...I'm doing a Sun to Sat trip after Thanksgiving...so on Tues I'm doing a half-day morning at AK (doing MVMCP at night)...I might do EE, Navi and Dinosaur FPs on that morning...then Friday will be my full AK day...that's when I hope for FOP, EE and Safari FPs...FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

While we're at it, can Na'vi be gotten relatively easy at 60 days now?
Yes. Matter of fact, I'm continually checking to strike gold and move some FoP FP up to earlier times for next week. There are Navi FP available still for all days. That's just 10 days away

I wish I could, but the rest of our family that check in 3 days after we do, has no interest in going to AK or HS ( which I'm still baffled by :confused3), so I'm kind of stuck with cramming them into our first 3 days there. I may have to see if one of our non-park days, if I can squeeze in a couple hours at AK at night, just to get those FPs. They can just go do their own thing! :rotfl:
Good plan. It is hard to predict what one year will bring. Toy Story Land should be open. So it may well change things at AK by then. Maybe FoP won't be impossible on day 60. At least not as hard as it is now and your initial plan will work.

I'm having the exact same problem! My family wants to do AK on our day 2, because more family is joining us on day 3 and they have no interest in AK. I have been trying since my 60 day mark to get a FP for FoP but have had no luck. :(

I'm assuming it's safe to say that during EMH, 99.9% of people go right to FoP? That's my current plan, but if it's everyone else's plan... I don't want to wait > 1 hour for a ride.

I'm hoping to get Na'Vi on day 60, 7DMT 61 days out, and FOP 64 days out. By the time we go, however, Toy Story Land will hopefully be open, so who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men (and women).

Yes. Matter of fact, I'm continually checking to strike gold and move some FoP FP up to earlier times for next week. There are Navi FP available still for all days. That's just 10 days away

Lucky you. We go about a week after you and there's been 0 FOP. I've checked daily, usually twice a day. You were there opening weekend too, I believe? We both were updating on the one thread; we saw the line into Pandora at night and left while I think you were in line for it. Have a nice trip!

Navi was an easy get at approx 45 days but even its gone now too. But this is also a holiday weekend. We're just happy we managed to piece a trip together at 45 days period-even managed to get our waitlist dvc.

Considering we booked relatively last minute on a holiday weekend, the only FP+ we couldn't get were 7 dwarves and FOP. Just a data point.

Just booked this morning at 7am SHARP at our 60+ mark and there were no FP for FOP for our Day 4.
It was available Day 6, but we already have a bunch of plans already for Epcot.
We grabbed a 9:30am FP for Day 7 which is the day we leave, but had hoped to spend time at MK that morning. Our flight is late afternoon, so we have time for a few hours at one park.
Going to continue to look for Day 4, but like others have experienced, planning on later in your trip is best bet.

You may find the Split Stays post in the FP FAQ helpful.

Sorry for more questions on this, but I just wanted to verify that the rules for FP+ booking windows for two on-site room only continuing reservations would also apply to two continuing on-site DVC reservations? I know that they are RO so they should be the same, but I wanted to be sure.

Sorry for more questions on this, but I just wanted to verify that the rules for FP+ booking windows for two on-site room only continuing reservations would also apply to two continuing on-site DVC reservations? I know that they are RO so they should be the same, but I wanted to be sure.

As far as I know the rules are the same.

I was unable to obtain FoP for either of my trips; one at the end of September (one day only) and a 4 day trip with girlfriends for F&W in mid October.

I was also out of luck for day four of a four park day trip for October 16-19. On right at 7:00 and went straight to day four. Looks like you have to be at least five days or more right now to snag one. I don't think it's helping that October is still reflecting 7:00 & 7:30 closures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter