is HK disneyland worth a day visit?

julieannbabe

<font color=blue>I am a <font color=red>summer <fo
i might have a spare day when i hopefully go to HK.

I am still deciding whether or not i should go to HK Disneyland.

What are other people's views on here?

Thanks, :)

Another vote for yes. It's small, and missing some of the "classic" Disney rides, but as long as you understand that, you'll have a great day.

YES !
Exactly this time last year we were in HK, and we visited the Lantau buddha in the am, then to HK Disney for the rest of the afternoon/evening. LOVED it.

Nothing compares to hearing the MULAN music during the fireworks in HK Disney ...
Sigh:goodvibes

If you're there anyway and you have an chance to go, I think you'd be kicking yourself later if you passed up that opportunity. I don't think it's worth a plane ticket from a far away location, but it's definitely a "DO" if you're already there. Lion King show alone is worth going for...

Well clearly you are a Disney fan, so surely the question is why wouldn't you want to goto HKDL if you were there anyway?

Earlier this year i flew halfway round the world with the main intention of visiting Hong Kong Disneyland.

Yes a day is more than enough to see everything and the park is small and as long as you go expecting that you'll have a super time!!

And there is still DISNEY Magic to be found

SW

I say Yes! every Disney park is unique in thier own way, so you should go.

Plus, there is prestige in going to HKDL because most Disney fans, like me, and across the globe, want to go but probably never will, at least for the time being ;)

If you're not going on the weekend or a holiday, half a day is more than enough (even the weekend is usually OK). I think Zoebear's idea of sightseeing on Lantau for half a day then HK Disneyland is easy.
The Ngong Ping 360 cable car , Asia's longest cable car ride, offers amazing views, and once at the top there the Ngong Ping village which is a Chinese cultural themed village, bit of a Buddhist slant to it, but not too much if that not of interest, and if it is of interest Po Lin Monastery and the Gaint Buddha are there. The monastery has amazing vegetarian meals. And on the eco-tourism ideas on the NP360 site they even have a sewage treatment information suggestion!

Hong Kong Disneyland is on the north eastern tip of Lantau Island, NP360 is the southern tip.
Getting the MTR/train to Hong Kong Disneyland is worth the trip just for all the not so hidden Mickey's all over it :)

I went to HK Disneyland on Sunday, July 4. This was my 2nd trip to HK. I was there from 12 - 8, and I easily could have left by 6 as I had seen everything (and this was on what was considered a crowded day).

I would definitely recommend the cable car/buddha/monestary/lantau as a priority over Disneyland but 1/2 day is easily doable.

It is worth it I guess, but I also think there are much better landmarks and destinations worth going to in HK than Disneyland.

It is definitely worth a visit if you have enough days in the Hong Kong area. We were there for 7 days so we decided we could spare a day.

You can probably do the park in less than a full day but for Disney freeks like us that like to visit attractions multiple times a full day was a must.

I agree with the others. Go! You can easily do everything in one day. Don't miss the shows! The Golden Mickey's (next to It's a Small World), The Lion King show (Adventureland) and Mickey's Philharmagic 3D show (next to the Carousel) are all fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter