Is is illegal to buy or sell unused hopper passes?

ecpool

Mouseketeer
Can anyone please tell me if it is illegal to buy
or sell partially used hopper passes? If so, where is it written? Thanks..

well I would not buy one from someone ....you can not tell whether a hopper pass has been used or not!

maleficent04.gif

I've seen many being sold on eBay..which makes me wonder..shouldn't they be aware it's a misdemeanor?? /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I am sure many are aware that it is not legal, but, apparently they do not care.
First Disney would have to track them down, then take legal action against them in FL. I doubt they need to take the time to do that..

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW - 00
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

I don't know where eBay is incorporated, but the
Mouse has a long legal reach. eBay really should
forbid these sales, for the good of their own
reputation. I think that the primary target
of the FL law is the folks who hang out in the
Orlando airport looking to buy passes for resale;
they scam a lot of gullible tourists, and it
makes Disney look bad.

I have no doubt Disney has a long reach and I do agree that ebay should not allow the selling of these passes, but, read the disclaimer on ebay and you will see it is a forum to sell stuff, not be a police person. They do have limits, but, not many. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW - 00
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

Why do they have outlets in restaurants that will buy your leftover days from Disney? A friend of mine just sold her one day left from Universal. She said it was normal and that there are plenty of places that do this.

Your question is one that I have pondered many times in my 3 year years visiting this Board and knowing about such things.
I do not have an answer to your question. I know that this IS done and NOT covertly either. But HOW it happens, I cannot tell you.
I DO know that there is NO WAY to tell you accurately how many days are left on any hopper passes without them being scanned at WDW. So I just would not want to take any chance. Other people feel differently AND have had success. I am just not a gambler.
Sorry that I could not give you a better response. :(

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget BoardCo-Host
Co-Host of The Rewards Board
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
poohsnow.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter