Is it at all possible to go to 2 parks in one day?

Goldilocks07

A rockin' mom and her sweet princess
I understand the new reservation system of having to reserve your space in a park AND have a ticket to enter. But, if we finish a park at 3pm, lets say, - is there ANY possibility to then go into the system and reserve a spot at another park, assuming there are openings?

I understand the new reservation system of having to reserve your space in a park AND have a ticket to enter. But, if we finish a park at 3pm, lets say, - is there ANY possibility to then go into the system and reserve a spot at another park, assuming there are openings?
You'd have to buy a separate ticket. You can't do it by using another day on the ticket you used to enter the first park. If you did want to splurge and buy a second ticket, you might want to set up a separate MDE account for that ticket, to avoid confusion.

You'd have to buy a separate ticket. You can't do it by using another day on the ticket you used to enter the first park. If you did want to splurge and buy a second ticket, you might want to set up a separate MDE account for that ticket, to avoid confusion.
I would think you would HAVE to have a second MDE account in order to be able to make a second same-day park reservation.

So there are still no walk-up ticket sales? Have they said how long that’s going to last, or have they just not specified when it would end?

So there are still no walk-up ticket sales? Have they said how long that’s going to last, or have they just not specified when it would end?
You've been able to walk up and buy tickets for a while, of course as long as that park has availability that day.

I'm sorry, I was in a fog yesterday and not clear: I have an annual pass. So I don't have to buy tickets. I'm assuming the answer is still no, in terms of getting another park covered in one day.

I'm sorry, I was in a fog yesterday and not clear: I have an annual pass. So I don't have to buy tickets. I'm assuming the answer is still no, in terms of getting another park covered in one day.
You would need to purchase a separate ticket, and probably set-up a separate MDE account to schedule the park reservation. Otherwise, there is no hopping for any ticket, AP included.

Correct, unless you do/have any of the things mentioned above. The AP doesn't change anything.

It's the sole reason Universal got my money this year on an AP. I'm spending the same amount but more at WDW and less with Disney.

Correct, unless you do/have any of the things mentioned above. The AP doesn't change anything.
Help me understand....if you just walk up and buy a ticket, they won’t sell you one unless there’s availability in that park, right? So they wouldn’t make you stand off to the side, create an MDE, and then make a park red, right? You could just walk in...

Help me understand....if you just walk up and buy a ticket, they won’t sell you one unless there’s availability in that park, right? So they wouldn’t make you stand off to the side, create an MDE, and then make a park red, right? You could just walk in...
You need an MDE warning to link the ticket, when the park is completely booked the ticket windows are closed. Ever since park reopening ive seen this happen only at DHS, once.

You need an MDE warning to link the ticket, when the park is completely booked the ticket windows are closed. Ever since park reopening ive seen this happen only at DHS, once.
I’m sorry—I’m not following? Do you actually have to go into MDE or can you just get a plastic ticket and go in “like the olden days” LOL if that park has availability? (I’ve literally never bought a ticket at the window ever, let alone during this!)

I’m sorry—I’m not following? Do you actually have to go into MDE or can you just get a plastic ticket and go in “like the olden days” LOL if that park has availability? (I’ve literally never bought a ticket at the window ever, let alone during this!)
You have to ro link it

Just buying the ticket won’t get you in the park. You would still need a park reservation, which you need to make in MDE. So I guess the answer is no, you can’t just go from the ticket booth to the gate.

At least that is my understanding. I suppose the ticket booth might theoretically be able to make the reservation for you. But I have not read any reports that say they do.

Just buying the ticket won’t get you in the park. You would still need a park reservation, which you need to make in MDE. So I guess the answer is no, you can’t just go from the ticket booth to the gate.

At least that is my understanding. I suppose the ticket booth might theoretically be able to make the reservation for you. But I have not read any reports that say they do.

Sounds like the need for ticket booths at the parks will soon be a thing of the past as you basically are required to pre-purchase your tickets in order to make reservations. And since I've heard that the reservation system for parks is here to stay there really is no point in staffing ticket booths. Other way Disney can save some money and cut some more staff. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter