Is it at all possible to go to 2 parks in one day?

Sounds like the need for ticket booths at the parks will soon be a thing of the past as you basically are required to pre-purchase your tickets in order to make reservations. And since I've heard that the reservation system for parks is here to stay there really is no point in staffing ticket booths. Other way Disney can save some money and cut some more staff. :(
some people still use cash to pay for things, so even though they won't need as many booths the option will still be there

I understand what the PP is asking - If you can walk up and buy a ticket to MK, they would obviously only sell it if they had open reservations. So why wouldn't they just give you the ticket/card and let you enter the park? Why make you link the new ticket/card to an MDE account? Do they really care if you are going to a second park in the same day if you are willing to pay full price for a second ticket and they obviously have availability?

some people still use cash to pay for things, so even though they won't need as many booths the option will still be there

I agree, still some old school folks out there but what happens if someone shows up, cash in hand, no smart phone so no MDE account, how will that person make a park reservation to get in the park unless they can do that for "general guests" from the ticket booth? A rare case for sure and doesn't impact myself nor 99% of us most likely, just curious how that will all work sometimes.

Yes. Make two Disney Experience accounts. By a one day ticket for each of the parks in your separate accounts. It's expensive as hell and with the park hours as short as they are you'll really have to work hard to make the most of it.

I've never walked up to buy a ticket, but don't you still have to go through the tapstiles? Several years ago I had will-call tickets and I remember queuing to pick up the tickets, and then queuing again to go through the tapstiles. The issue isn't the ticket or the ticket window, but that the tapstiles now require both a ticket and a park reservation, which in turn requires an MDE account.

I suspect that if somebody walked up to the window without an MDE account or smart phone, the CM would find a way to help that person -- most likely by helping them create an MDE account, link the ticket and make a park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter