Is it just me ...

ChickieToo

DIS Veteran
or am I just missing something?

I just got my BCV add-on points over the last week or so. I bought through Disney. Today I received a little promo piece about " now that you added on you might want to share the best kept secret with some friends.." and it included some cards with my name on them to pass out other interested parties. I don't like that type of thing to begin with, and I don't think residents of CT are eligible for any awards for getting people to join so I'm not really inclined to pass these things out. But that isn't the part that bugs me.

The part that bothers me is that there is a picture of BWV with the caption "Disney's Beach Club Villas" over it. Does that just seem downright sloppy to you? Has anyone else seen this?

I have not seen that but that sounds like a really dumb error! Could you post a picture of it? It sounds like a sight to behold.

Congratulations on your add-on, by the way!

I don't know how to post it or I would. I think my posting rules say I "you are not allowed to post attachments". Maybe because of my low number of posts? I don't know.

Goofy probably sent those cards out, hence the resort mistake. Mmm, I need to check the member's web site to see if he's my new guide. I used to have Tinkerbell as my stated guide, but she was promoted last year. When I received promotional info from her it was always correct, albeit a bit tacky! And NC does not receive any rewards for referring new members, either, so I don't go out of my way promoting DVC. Who needs one more member trying to book a BW view at my home? If someone just happens to notice my Disney crocs, my member guidebook, or those cute cards Tinkerbell sent me last year that I added to my scrapbook...well, I am not responsible!

Hmm...we go those cards in the mail about a week ago (but we haven't added on any points). I'll have to see what the picture is on them...although I don't recall any picture.

**OK...I just checked..our cards don't have a picture.
They are to give out to anyone who may be interested in joining DVC.

The promo piece is a 6 sided fold out (there are three actual pages both front and back which equals the six). The first page says how I might want to share DVC info with family or friends. The last page is perforated into six equal parts about the size of business cards, and each says the same thing. Its got the logo and "Members are magical" theme with some verbiage and then my name, city and state. On the reverse side of each card is a disclaimer stating how I am not an agent of Disney and cannot make claims on their behalf ..yada yada yada ...

The center page has a picture of the Boardwalk Resort--you know the one at night with all the lights with the whole area lit up--, but on top the caption reads Beach Club Villas. Silly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter