Is it OK to arrive at Port Canaveral before your Check-In time?

lizardlife

Earning My Ears
First time cruiser here and I just checked in our family for our Western Caribbean cruise in December.

Thing is, our scheduled isn't until noon but through our scheduled transportation service, we'll probably arrive closer to 10AM.

Does any one know if they'll let us into the terminal early?

Thanks in advance!

First time cruiser here and I just checked in our family for our Western Caribbean cruise in December.

Thing is, our scheduled isn't until noon but through our scheduled transportation service, we'll probably arrive closer to 10AM.

Does any one know if they'll let us into the terminal early?

Thanks in advance!
The terminal doesn't open until 10:30. Since the parking and drop off tends to open around 10:00-10:15, it's quite possible that there will already be a line to enter the terminal at that time. If you are earlier than your selected PAT, and the terminal is full/busy, you may be asked to wait until either your selected PAT, or the terminal empties out a bit.

Since actual boarding doesn't begin until 11:15-11:30, the terminal will not be less busy until closer to 12:00ish.

Last time we arrived before 10:30 (not my choice - I prefer to arrive later), we had to wait in line in the parking garage for about 15 minutes before we were let into the terminal. Line up wasn't too bad to check in. We were boarding Platinum so didn't have to wait for our boarding number but we still didn't board until after 11:30-45 or so. In that time, we managed to find seats at a table (there aren't many) and endured people leaning up against the back of my chair. When boarding was announced we had to push our way through the crowds (seriously - using elbows sometimes) to get to the entrance as no one wanted to let us through. Got shoved back and crushed several times despite saying excuse me many times. It's a zoo before open boarding. Everyone with higher boarding numbers stands in the way of the entrance and will not move even though they know they can't board for 30 more minutes or so. Yes, you can get into the terminal around 10:30 (definitely not earlier) but it's not really fun.

Thank you for the answers! Arriving later isn't really an option but it's good to anticipate the crowds.

You won't wait too long if you get there at 10. Make sure your phone is charged though as it is as boring as an airport terminal. LOL

When you arrive and check in you will be given a boarding number. Your boarding number is tied to your Port Arrival Time the earlier your PAT the lower your boarding number. So people arriving after you (if they have an earlier PAT) will get a lower boarding number.
But:) the terminal can be fun. The characters come out for pictures. The Port Canaveral Terminal has the only Disney Cruise pressed penny machine.
It cost .51 per and there are six different designs. Bring change.
There is an outside balcony that you can look at the ship.
Boarding usually starts about 11:30. Once it starts it goes pretty quick.
Have a great cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts