Is it possible to use both UK Lochside and Terrace for reception

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if we can use both UK Lochside and the UK Terrace for a buffet reception? We were told our first choice (Italy) was blacked out for our dates and now we running out of options for group. We have a group of about 30 and would like a buffet waterside in order to see illuminations. Consultant suggested possibly Canada Terrace for the reception and then Lochside for the fireworks. Would prefer to keep it all in one location in possible.

Yes, you can use multiple locations, but with only 30 guests, UK Lochside should be fine. If they insist you need additional space for the buffet setup, you could use UK Pubside a bit more cheaply than UK Terrace (they just have to get permission from Epcot to use UK Pubside). Generally they waive the venue fee for the second location but require you to meet its food and beverage minimums. UK Lochside's is only $200, vs. $460 at UK Terrace.

Yes, you can use multiple locations, but with only 30 guests, UK Lochside should be fine. If they insist you need additional space for the buffet setup, you could use UK Pubside a bit more cheaply than UK Terrace (they just have to get permission from Epcot to use UK Pubside). Generally they waive the venue fee for the second location but require you to meet its food and beverage minimums. UK Lochside's is only $200, vs. $460 at UK Terrace.

Thanks. The impression we got from the consultant was that we couldn't do the buffet at Lochside, only dessert? We figured Terrace would work as it is connected to Lochside (I think?) where as pubside was on the other side of UK.

Lochside and Pubside share a private path and are quite close to each other. But, yes, it would be more convenient to use the Terrace, and it's not THAT huge a difference in the food and beverage minimums.

Pubside Entrance (l) and Lochside Entrance (r)
file-5.jpg

You can do a full meal at any of the viewing locations in Epcot except Italy Overlook. It just cuts down on the guest capacity. Officially UK Lochside can only accommodate 20 people for a sit-down meal, so then, as you surmised, you'd need to rent out an adjoining venue to have room for it. But if 30 is the number you're inviting, you may end up with a lower number that puts you close enough to 20 that Disney can accommodate the whole group in just Lochside.

How does meeting the minimums at two locations work? If both have different minimums do we simply need to meet the higher minimum (thus meeting both)? Or is it combination of the two minimums that we need to meet?

It's usually a combination of the two, so for UK Lochside and UK Terrace, it would be a $920 food and beverage minimum.

Oh we will easily pass that minimum. Only problem is we were told today that 99% Terrace/Lochside is not available for meals. Our consultant said she would double check but mentioned that it may not be an option do to existing umbrella tables. We were also told Rue de Paris was not an option either. The other kicker was that no GF location was available either if we wanted to switch to a reception with a view of wishes. So keeping track Italy is out of the question, Rue de Paris is out, and most likely UK is out.

I'm shocked that we cannot get any of our choices for a random Wednesday in late August.

Let's see what your consultant says after double-checking. That doesn't sound right. People have been doing sit-down meals at Lochside and Rue de Paris for years. Rue de Paris, especially, is huge, with plenty of room for a food-prep tent at one end and the party at the other.

Hopefully we hear something positive about Lochside.

As for Rue De Paris, like Lochside, she told us that it's only used for Dessert Parties partially because the space is used as a walk-through for other events/dessert parties (if i'm remembering her correctly). Losing a little faith in the process because every possibility we come up with is quickly shot down for one reason or another.

That is typical. Unfortunately, it really depends on your sales consultant, and some of them are more enthusiastic about accommodating requests and thinking outside the box than others. If you pick your battles, you can usually push them on one or two things that are really important to you, and they'll make them happen.

Hopefully we hear something positive about Lochside.

As for Rue De Paris, like Lochside, she told us that it's only used for Dessert Parties partially because the space is used as a walk-through for other events/dessert parties (if i'm remembering her correctly). Losing a little faith in the process because every possibility we come up with is quickly shot down for one reason or another.

I felt this way during this part of the process as well! Our first 4 reception venue choices were denied because of availability and my consultant was not one to think out of the box for different locations. I received a survey after I was assigned a wedding event manager asking about my experience with my sales consultant. I expressed my disappointment with my consultant and the reception venue I ended up with. Well a couple of weeks later my event manager emailed me with the news that our first choice in reception venue was available!! Whether or not it had anything to do with the survey or it was just a coincidence I don't know.. but be sure to keep pushing and asking about availability even after you get assigned an event manager.

Our biggest concern is that we wanted to incorporate both a ride mixin and illuminations. Most of our guests are not Disney people, so we wanted to give the chance to experience something they may not otherwise do. We have presented multiple options to try and achieve this bit so far no luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter