Is it time for Marathon weekend again?

goofeygirl

DIS Veteran
I just cannot believe how time flies. It seems like yesterday when I was reading what was going on for last years race. I did the Dopey last year and it was an amazing experience. This year tho I am doing the half but then am flying out west to do the SW races in DL

In less than two weeks it is happening again. Really I am speechless about how fast this year has gone by.

I love the energy on marathon weekend in WDW. So much positive energy in the air everywhere...its inspiring.

I know last year this time I had already ran nearly a full marathon on a treadmill in the basement because I wanted to make sure I was ready. The year before that I did the Goofy. So it feels funny to think I am doing a half...but I am so looking forward to it again.

Less than two weeks guys!!!!:yay::dance3::cool1::cheer2:

:)

I'm trying to get excited. My training isn't where it could have been, but then I've done 3 other Halfs besides the January one this year so I know I can do the distance.

Alas I'm sick! Thought it was a quick weekend cold, but then it came back. Ugh.

This Half is a redo of last year when I had the plague and should NOT have run but I did. I was so so so so miserable last January that I thought I wouldn't go near WDW in January, and then I signed up for this one as a redo. :faint:

Hey, at least I'm not sick next week! Hopefully I won't still be!

Well I certainly hope you feel a lot better! You still have a week and a half to get your body well again.

I was in a race last year in March....and I don't know if I will do it again. I was sick then but did the half marathon anyway...but what made it worse was it was SO cold...damp cold. I remember waiting for the race to start and I was nearly frozen!

The worse part about that race was that I never actually warmed up. I was freezing the whole race...weird. When it was over I was miserable...I could barely walk to my car I was so sore.

I kept thinking, how can this be? I wasn't even this sore when I did the Dopey challenge two months earlier. But there I was, cold and sore.

It just was not a pleasant experience for me but it had nothing to do with the race or the location...I was just sick.

So I hope you are better and enjoy it. I hope the weather is nice too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter