Is it worth it to go from PRFQ to BW?

FigaroandFifi

Mouseketeer
So DH and I are taking our FIRST trip without the boys!!! I am so stinkin excited :hmghost::figment:!! At any rate, I keep going back and forth between French Quarter and Boardwalk. I have never stayed at either. It does seem like a bigger difference price wise but I keep watching for "deals" so IF a good deal comes out then maybe I will switch.

But should I switch? I know FQ is a smaller resort and we have a "king" bed booked (I thought maybe it would make the room feel a little bigger with just one bed). I also want to go over to Riverside and take the carriage ride but I like the idea of being able to essentially walk to Epcot and fear being disappointed if I do not get a view of the park at the BW. We are going in September for F&W and the Halloween party. Part of me thinks I should just leave it they way it is since I do not think we are going to be in the room much or at the resort much for that matter. I just don't want to stay at Pop since that is where we always stays with the boys (it's their favorite). I just want to stay somewhere that we wouldn't stay with the kids and I am not sure I want to stay a resort with internal bus stops. I like the idea of going to a central place to grab a bus and know when it leaves, it is heading to where I am trying to get to, lol.

So DH and I are taking our FIRST trip without the boys!!! I am so stinkin excited :hmghost::figment:!! At any rate, I keep going back and forth between French Quarter and Boardwalk. I have never stayed at either. It does seem like a bigger difference price wise but I keep watching for "deals" so IF a good deal comes out then maybe I will switch.

But should I switch? I know FQ is a smaller resort and we have a "king" bed booked (I thought maybe it would make the room feel a little bigger with just one bed). I also want to go over to Riverside and take the carriage ride but I like the idea of being able to essentially walk to Epcot and fear being disappointed if I do not get a view of the park at the BW. We are going in September for F&W and the Halloween party. Part of me thinks I should just leave it they way it is since I do not think we are going to be in the room much or at the resort much for that matter. I just don't want to stay at Pop since that is where we always stays with the boys (it's their favorite). I just want to stay somewhere that we wouldn't stay with the kids and I am not sure I want to stay a resort with internal bus stops. I like the idea of going to a central place to grab a bus and know when it leaves, it is heading to where I am trying to get to, lol.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but just got back from my first stay at BWI and I LOVED it!! It's fun being right on the boardwalk and having the option of walking or taking the boat to Epcot/DHS. If BWI is in your budget, I'd switch. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

If money isn't a concern I would choose BWI. We are doing BWV next trip but staying at POFQ for two nights before our week starts at BWV. Both resorts are new to us. If I could I would've done BWV the entire time but it didn't work out that way since we added the two days after renting our points. We are also going during F&W so BWV would win in that aspect. We did BC before and the walk to Epcot is amazing. You can't beat it!

I don't know about the view of the park from the BWI, but being right on the Boardwalk & walking distance to two parks is always awesome!

During F&W (my favorite time), the ability to walk to Epcot is amazing. I would choose Boardwalk.

Consider Swan/Dolphin if the price is right as well. Just make sure you account for the true price of the hotel (including tax, resort fee, parking if applicable), and if necessary, transportation costs to and from the airport.

BWI is much better then POFQ. If it is a trip with just the husband, treat yourself and do BWI.

I've never stayed at POFQ, but just got back from my first stay at BWI and I LOVED it!! It's fun being right on the boardwalk and having the option of walking or taking the boat to Epcot/DHS. If BWI is in your budget, I'd switch. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

If money isn't a concern I would choose BWI. We are doing BWV next trip but staying at POFQ for two nights before our week starts at BWV. Both resorts are new to us. If I could I would've done BWV the entire time but it didn't work out that way since we added the two days after renting our points. We are also going during F&W so BWV would win in that aspect. We did BC before and the walk to Epcot is amazing. You can't beat it!

I don't know about the view of the park from the BWI, but being right on the Boardwalk & walking distance to two parks is always awesome!

During F&W (my favorite time), the ability to walk to Epcot is amazing. I would choose Boardwalk.

Consider Swan/Dolphin if the price is right as well. Just make sure you account for the true price of the hotel (including tax, resort fee, parking if applicable), and if necessary, transportation costs to and from the airport.

BWI is much better then POFQ. If it is a trip with just the husband, treat yourself and do BWI.

BWI for sure. But don't expect a discount in October

Agree with everything above!!! The BWI is an awesome place to stay and definitely worth the extra $$$. Don't worry about the view, the BWI rooms are lovely and you will be out enjoying the resort and the IG access to Epcot. It is an awesome place to stay!

Both are great resorts. I’d do what you can comfortably afford. If a nice deal comes up for BWI you can switch. I stay at YC or BC when I pick Epcot area so don’t know much about views for BWI. If they have an option to book theme park view?

Both are great resorts. I’d do what you can comfortably afford. If a nice deal comes up for BWI you can switch. I stay at YC or BC when I pick Epcot area so don’t know much about views for BWI. If they have an option to book theme park view?
there is no theme park view at BWI, though almost every lake view allows you to see the fireworks from epcot each night

If price is not a factor stay with BWI. If price is a factor keep your stay at French Quarter. I personally love the French Quarter more than BWI. But it all depends on what you are looking for. Both resorts have their pros and cons. Weigh them out. For example. At the BWI you have the IG but at POFQ you have a boat to DS. Try to figure out where you will be spending majority of your time and plan around it.

Since it is an adults only trip---I would pick BWI hands down. Not sure how old your kids are. But being there, you have much more access to more when it comes to eating, drinking and entertainment. Sure you can still go to Epcot from POFQ and even visit the Boardwalk---but staying at BWI puts you within walking distance of all of it plus two parks.

there is no theme park view at BWI, though almost every lake view allows you to see the fireworks from epcot each night
When we stayed at BC, our last night we were in the room packing and realized we had a view of Iluminations :sad2:

I think ultimately it depends on whether the huge price difference matters to you. I've never stayed at BWI, but I've stayed at two other Epcot resorts (Yacht Club on someone else's dime, and at the Dolphin pre-resort fee and with an insanely cheap rate) and absolutely loved staying in this area. So if cost were no object, I would pick BWI in a heartbeat. The proximity to Epcot and the dining options at the nearby resorts can't be beat. But, since I'm almost never willing to pay Deluxe prices, I would probably stay at POFQ. I've stayed at the resort before and really liked it, so I wouldn't consider staying there a hardship even if the resort isn't as plush and the location isn't as prime as BWI. The boat access to Disney Springs is a nice consolation prize.

I am going to suggest you keep your POFQ room. I have stayed at BC and POFQ, so while I have not stayed at the BWI I think I can chime in. If the difference is "huge" and you will not be in the room or resort much, I cannot see spending the additional money. POFQ is lovely.

You also mention a park view. It will not happen from BWI, and if you do not have a lake view you will not see Illumianations either, so I wonder if your expectations will lead you to have buyers remorse.

WE tend to choose deluxe resorts lately, however we do not spend most of our time in the parks, and we use the amenities. If you are going to beaway from the resort, and not using the amenities you are paying for, I would choose a moderate, and honestly POFQ would be my choice.

I agree with Nancy. If you are not going to enjoy the resort often then save the money. POFQ is already a nice upgrade over Pop. You will not really need the extra space with just two of you. Sure if money was not a concern BMI would be better as noted above. More so with the potential need for breaks with the September heat. However, access to the other parks is a wash and POFQ has the boat to DS.

Actually, the only time that I have watched the high Illuminations from a BWI balcony was from a standard view room facing the quiet pool and Epcot. The lake view rooms that face Epcot are actually on the BWV side of the resort. However, AFAIK, you don't get any theme park views worth speaking of from the Boardwalk. We certainly haven't had one in any of the rooms that we have stayed in. Some views can be quite nice though.

We too love the BW. We love walking to EPCOT and hanging around on the Boardwalk. They have nighttime entertainment that is so much fun to watch. We love Ample Hill Ice Cream. We just love the area. I would definitely switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter