Is it worth the extra cost for a verandah?

WOW! I knew that if you have your verandah door open and then open your cabin door it creates a virtual hurricane of wind jetting through a cabin (never tried that , mind you, but I've seen pix and heard about it! :scared: ) But I've never heard of not being able to get the cabin door OPEN if the balcony door is open! :rotfl2:

I'm assuming and hoping you had a nice, cool room afterward? :goodvibes
We discovered this when we had verandah open and my kids left the room. i think we blew all FE’s and magnets off our and neighbors.

He are currently booked on deck 6 on the dream aft balcony but I seen a stateroom on deck 9 aft balcony for about 25 more

Would u say it’s worth changing anyone

Question - Were you able to 'connect' your verandahs? Currently on the Dream in Feb and my brother just booked and ended up with a room down the hall that has a connecting room available. We were thinking of taking it and then enjoy the combined verandas but not sure if there is a way to find out if the 2 rooms indeed have that feature or if it is just a few rooms here and there.

Yes. You just need to ask the stateroom attendant to open them up.

Verandah is a must for us. We hang out there, just chill. We are the type of people that want a really nice view in the hotel room as well. Definitely not the "we only sleep and shower in the room" folks. We really utilize the room and the decks, etc.
Especially on a cruise ship, I would feel very claustrophobic in the room at night (if we had an inside cabin). I like the fresh air, the views.
You just need to figure out what your priorities are and where you put value. If it's not all that important to you, definitely do not spend money on a verandah.

Have absolutely not missed having a verandah. May spring for one for Alaska but anywhere else I'm fine with inside.

He are currently booked on deck 6 on the dream aft balcony but I seen a stateroom on deck 9 aft balcony for about 25 more

Would u say it’s worth changing anyone

I wouldn't, but I like being lower down to be close to the kids club, activities, main dining, and shows. If you are more of a pool person, by all means, get the deck 9 room.

For my family and I the answer is yes, yes and most of course yes for a verandah. For us it feels cramped and a bit claustrophobic in an inside cabin even with a real or magic porthole. We enjoy the fresh air. JMHO

ps one time on the cruise a friend enlightened us of a side effect of a veranduh room. His little girl really stunk up the toilet. They opened up the sliding door to the veranduh and the cabin door. There was a tremendous amount of wind blew through the cabin and quickly removed all offensive smells. Not a reason to get a veranduh but it was funny.

I wouldn't, but I like being lower down to be close to the kids club, activities, main dining, and shows. If you are more of a pool person, by all means, get the deck 9 room.

Mybe deck 6 is good for a bit of both then

Are the lifeboats ever in the way on deck 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter