Is June too busy?

nancykb

Earning My Ears
So, we are trying to plan a trip and usually don't have issues deciding when to go, but this time we want to bring my son and his girlfriend (future fiancee). We originally wanted to go in early December, but that didn't work out. Then we decided on May, that also didn't work out. My son is military and he will be on avalanche duty in the Rockies from February till early May but will not have a return home date until only 2 weeks before it happens. Our dog sitter in unavailable for most of August which when we were hoping to go. (Our use year ends Aug 31 and we have points expiring.) It seems like June is becoming our only option. We might be able to go for only a week in August, but wanted to go for longer. We need to decide ASAP.
My question is: how busy will June actually be? we are thinking 3rd / 4th week.

Last edited:
Looking at the crowd calender from UTC the 3th or 4th week of june 2020 is as busy at they come. The crowd score is 9/10 and 10/10.

Have in mind that Disney dont have a time which is not crowded, only less crowded.

With the new attractions coming and in 2021 the 50th year of Disney there will be a huge influx of guests.

If you want less crowded then September after labor day is a good choice

June and July is the new September and October. Out of all the times we have went I found it to be the least crowded in June and July.

Planning your vacation around crowd calendars isn't really a good idea since those are simply guesses/projections based on historical data. Others have noted in various threads that Disney is fairly crowded year-round. US schools are out by June, so that is when many families start their vacations. June/July/August are the hottest months in Florida.

I would plan to go to Disney based on what works for your family and which resorts meet your budget and have availability.

We have gone the third week of June the last two times we went. It was busy, but manageable. I wouldn't hesitate going during June.

We have gone in early June and the crowds were very manageable. Last time we went was 2 weeks after Pandora opened. Still never waited in A-line longer than 40 minutes. Granted that could have been in part due to using things like touring plans as a general guide.

So, we are trying to plan a trip and usually don't have issues deciding when to go, but this time we want to bring my son and his girlfriend (future fiancee). We originally wanted to go in early December, but that didn't work out. Then we decided on May, that also didn't work out. My son is military and he will be on avalanche duty in the Rockies from February till early May but will not have a return home date until only 2 weeks before it happens. Our dog sitter in unavailable for most of August which when we were hoping to go. (Our use year ends Aug 31 and we have points expiring.) It seems like June is becoming our only option. We might be able to go for only a week in August, but wanted to go for longer. We need to decide ASAP.
My question is: how busy will June actually be? we are thinking 3rd / 4th week.

First, thank you son for his service. My children are both Marines, so I know how hard it to plan around a military schedule.

We go in the middle to late June every year. It's hot, can be crowded and you can have daily rain/no rain/rain all day.

EPCOT is our favorite and find that EPCOT is not that busy in June, much less so than during Food&Wine.

AK does not really have crowds to worry about for us. We get FP+ for the big rides and the rest of the park is so spread out it handles crowds well.

DS- love the new areas. There used to be not much going on, but TS and SW have brought more people for sure.

MK is always busy, seems like it gets busier every year. We like going to MK is during a paid special event. The After Hours Party is our favorite. For us it's worth it to pay more to get out of the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter