Is lettuce back to normal there yet?

When we were there last week, they substituted a wedge (iceberg) for the romaine that was supposed to be in the grilled chicken salad at the Lamplight Lounge. Most of the salads we came across were using iceberg lettuce instead of romaine.

We were there Tues-Sat and salads were mixed greens and a lot of iceberg lettuce. It was OK but can't wait for the romaine to return.

The only weird moment was when we were eating dinner at Cafe Orleans and my wife asked what lettuce was in the salad and the server said romaine. She questioned if it really was and the waitress just gave this blank stare as if she had no idea about anything to do with its removal.

UVA Bar is serving iceberg in the Caesar Salad. The mixed green salad was baby greens. The calamari was served with a side salad of arugula and peppers. The server did warn us about there being no romaine in any of the salads for now.

There is no romaine anywhere in SoCal. Not grocery stores, not restaurants.

I’m pregnant and so freaked that I can’t even bring myself to eat ANY salad right now. So sad. :(

Hmm, I found romaine at Costco on Tuesday, so YMMV.:confused3 They figured out what area the tainted lettuce was from, so everything should return to normalish soon.

Hmm, I found romaine at Costco on Tuesday, so YMMV.:confused3 They figured out what area the tainted lettuce was from, so everything should return to normalish soon.
Interesting! I haven’t seen any myself yet but I haven’t been to Costco lately.

I found romaine at my local fruits and veggies place on Tuesday too. There were recent articles saying that romaine was returning to store shelves starting this past Tuesday, and they think they have identified the location the tainted romaine was from.

Our local places are starting to serve romaine again. I haven't been to the grocery store this week so idk about there.

I found romaine at my local fruits and veggies place on Tuesday too. There were recent articles saying that romaine was returning to store shelves starting this past Tuesday, and they think they have identified the location the tainted romaine was from.

Yes they have located the location of the tainted lettuce. So if restaurants serve romaine lettuce, it should be safe. If you are still a little iffy about it, it never hurts to ask where they got their lettuce from :-).

Romaine lettuce sold in stores now carries labels listing the region where the produce was grown, along with its harvest date, the FDA said. By checking these labels, consumers can quickly determine that the produce is safe to eat.

"Romaine lettuce that was harvested outside of the Central Coast growing regions of northern and central California does not appear to be related to the current outbreak," FDA Commissioner Dr. Scott Gottlieb said recently.

That would include romaine farmed in Arizona, Florida and Mexico, as well as California's Imperial Valley -- lettuce harvested from these areas is OK to eat.

(source: https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...lnesses-from-tainted-romaine-lettuce-reported)

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

Romaine lettuce sold in stores now carries labels listing the region where the produce was grown, along with its harvest date, the FDA said. By checking these labels, consumers can quickly determine that the produce is safe to eat.
All food, fresh or packaged should be required to have such a label, then we can know exactly where our food is coming from. Obviously for packaged/processed foods it may have to have a label with multiple regions detailing what came from where, but still would be nice and I would think it would make tracking down issues in the food supply much easier.

There is no romaine anywhere in SoCal. Not grocery stores, not restaurants.

I’m pregnant and so freaked that I can’t even bring myself to eat ANY salad right now. So sad. :(

Romaine is back in several stores. I just saw it yesterday at Trader Joe's as well as Target. In Orange County.

My sandwich today on the WIWF tour had green leaf lettuce on it.
Storytellers buffet this evening had mixed greens and spinach. No romaine.

We had lunch at lamplight lounge yesterday and the chicken salad that’s normally made with romaine is still being made with iceberg. Romaine may be appearing in markets but my guess is it will take a little longer for restaurants that order in bulk from food suppliers to start having it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter