Is Memory Maker worth the $?

mathdisney

Earning My Ears
Please help me decide if I need to purchase Memory Maker. Is it worth the money? Or will the pictures we take with our phones be good enough? Thanks for helping me decide about this purchase.

Before we had annual passes, we always paid for it. We have young kids who love meeting all the characters, so we always end up with hundreds of photos.

Please help me decide if I need to purchase Memory Maker. Is it worth the money? Or will the pictures we take with our phones be good enough? Thanks for helping me decide about this purchase.
It totally depends on what "worth it" means to you. How long will you be there? How many parks? Will your party be separated at any point? We live MM. years that we travel to WDW we skip professional family photos and get MM. We get awesome pics from MM. We have several hundred from our most recent trip. If it is a short trip I may skip mm. If your party separates and is all linked in mde you will still get any of their pics with mm. Only you can decide if it is worth the cost.

My family and I love memory maker! There are 4 people in my traveling party so I figured it will be about $7 a day/per person if we spend 6 days in the parks. I think it's worth it! We give them our phones too, but they take more pictures with their cameras, especially for meet and greets. I love the candid shots. They're also spread out throughout the park, at places I wouldn't have thought to stop and take a picture, but those turn out to be some of my favorites. I have hundreds of pictures from each of my vacations!

Yes! They take the best photos while you can enjoy the moment

we have never used it, this trip I am going to get it.The package kind of takes the pressure off us to get all those pictures ourselves,simply walk over and let Disney do the work. A plus is all the ride photos.

We absolutely 100% think it's worth it. We LOVE the ride photos and short videos plus the huge variety of magic shots. We have some priceless photos, great memories!!!!

Worth it means something different for everyone but to me it was.

This was my family's fist and maybe only trip so spending the money to have all the pictures was great. We got some great shots with our phones too but I liked having both.

It was so fun to look at our pictures on the app and share them instantly with our social media friends. The ride photos and videos are super fun.
We went for 7 days so spread over that time it wasn't that expensive. I printed them all for an album- again first and only trip so worth it for us

Worth it! The best vantage points. Everyone in the picture. Ride photos and videos. Magic shots. You can check your photos immediately on your phone.
Don't let the line waiting for the photographer put you off; it will move fast.
Have a wonderful magical vacation!

For us, yet it was worth it. Lots of group shots, shots of the kids meeting characters, etc.

Thank you all for your help. You have given me much to consider. Hope you all have a magical day.

I think it is worth it. Even though I used my own camera/phone for pictures, the Photopass photographers got some great ones. My husband thought it was too expensive so we didn't get it. I wish we did!

If it fits your budget I would highly recommend it for first time visits or group visits and the cost is shared between groups. We usually travel with 4 or 5 other families averaging a total of 20 people and we split the cost of it. When we travel alone we don't pay for it because we don't usually want all the pictures and we can just pay to download the few that we love. I think the downloads without photopass were $15 each last time I checked so you have to want at least 17 of their shots to have gotten your money's worth.

If you are in a special spot or with a super important character, have the photographer take your picture with your camera, too. Last time we had photopass we had several instances where the picture didn't get to our account and we had a BUNCH of pictures of other families so those pictures never got to their owners, either.

The photographers are happy to take the shot with your camera so if it's a stretch to the budget, skip the photopass and ask them to take the picture with your camera and theirs. Then at the end of your trip you can choose to pay for any spectacular shots they got or that didn't turn out on your device.

It beats having to ask some random person in the park to take a photo of our family with my phone. The amount of photos we got from memory maker on our last trip was amazing. We also used phones and our gopro but still greatly appreciated the memory maker. From our first trip with our kids we said to ourselves afterwards, man I wish we took more photos or bought the ride photos. So this past trip we added Memory Maker and were so glad we did.

Take advantage of the photographers. Our favorites were in front of spaceship earth, france pavillion fountain and AK near Everest with tree of life in the background. Happy Vacation!

I think it is worth it, especially for a longer trip. The pictures they take are a really high quality, much better than we can get ourselves. Plus with these, I can be in the shots also!! We end up with hundreds of shots! But obviously, whether it's "worth it" is a highly personal question.

Totally worth it. I also love that it loads the ride photos.

Also, when our kids were 13 and 16, we paid for a photo package where we had about an hour with a photographer at the Polynesian. Absolutely worth it. We had never had "family photos" done before, and they are beautiful! My daughter and I wore similar colors (mine solid, her patterned) and my husband/son wore white button downs and shorts. Everyone loves them. We had a lot of fun too; we went up on a little hill and have the Castle behind us, and we had a couple with all of us in sun glasses looking like spies. I believe that we paid $165 6 years ago, and that package is now $399. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!