Is opt out credit available at Beach Club?

sammysmom

DIS Veteran
Read where this is available at values and moderate resorts. How about deluxe?

I agree. Thank goodness no
I'm curious why is it a thank goodness no? The hotels that have the opt out option still get housekeeping if people want. Wouldn't it be the same at the Deluxe? It just prevents those who don't want housekeeping to not get a giftcard for it.

I'm curious why is it a thank goodness no? The hotels that have the opt out option still get housekeeping if people want. Wouldn't it be the same at the Deluxe? It just prevents those who don't want housekeeping to not get a giftcard for it.
I believe firmly, based on many, many threads on the subject, that it is not up to Deluxe Standards. Folks talk about taking there trash and leaving it near the elevators etc., for just one example. I choose to pay to stay at a Deluxe. I want a Deluxe environment.
I don’t want a debate. It is my opinion

Maybe I am being weird, but if I have the finances to pay to stay at a deluxe resort, $10 a night minus one night isn't going to make a difference in my life at all. I can't imagine not wanting all the bells and whistles. If I don't want all of that, why am I staying there?

Maybe I am being weird, but if I have the finances to pay to stay at a deluxe resort, $10 a night minus one night isn't going to make a difference in my life at all. I can't imagine not wanting all the bells and whistles. If I don't want all of that, why am I staying there?

Totally agree, I love being out for the day and coming back to a freshly made up room!

I'm not paying deluxe dollars ($300 - $700 per night) to stay in a room that wasn't cleaned for a week while the previous guests were there, and the week before that while the previous guests were there... Bugs, mold, and so on can all be encouraged by a lack of regular cleaning.

And no, I don't want bags of garbage sitting out in the hallways, either. Or the sight of guests lugging garbage around, looking for a place to dispose of it, or for a place to dump their family's wet towels.

As a PP said, that isn't the standard of experience one should get at a deluxe resort.

If someone really needs to save that $10 per day, they should just stay somewhere less expensive.

Last edited:

Not weird at all, I agree. It’s not like we’re talking CL vs standard money being saved here. The last thing I want after paying Deluxe prices is to come home to a dirty room.

Ok, all these answers seem to make sense. I am adjusting to the no housekeeping with DVC. But I keep our room clean and tidy regardless of room service or not. But I will admit, that is the one thing that I will miss most with DVC is no housekeeping. But I feel like everyone should keep up their room, keep it as clean as possible. I take it as if I were the maid coming in or my mother was the maid coming in.

I'm not paying deluxe dollars ($300 - $700 per night) to stay in a room that wasn't cleaned for a week while the previous guests were there, and the week before that while the previous guests were there... Bugs, mold, and so on can all be encouraged by a lack of regular cleaning.

And no, I don't want bags of garbage sitting out in the hallways, either. Or the sight of guests lugging garbage around, looking for a place to dispose of it, or for a place to dump their family's wet towels.

As a PP said, that isn't the standard of experience one should get at a deluxe resort.

If someone really needs to save that $10 per day, they should just stay somewhere less expensive.
I guess I'm in the minority, but I never ever have housekeeping clean up my room while I'm on vacation. I don't like a stranger around my things and I don't need my bed made for me. The times I've had it, they don't do that great of a job anyway so it never bothered me to not have it. At other hotel chains it's pretty standard to opt out and get something, Marriott and the Swan and Dolphin do this. I just usually leave the do not disturb up the whole trip, so it would be nice to get something for it. With the room checks this is the first time I've dealt with having the room cleaned and I'm not a fan. I've also never left garbage out in a hall. I've found bugs and mold in the deluxe's so I guess the cleaning isn't really keeping that away anyway. $10 isn't going to make or break the bank, but I'm definitely not rich enough to turn away free money.

It does seem kind of silly when your paying 400+ a night. 10 dollars won't even get me a cocktail at the pool bar.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I never ever have housekeeping clean up my room while I'm on vacation. I don't like a stranger around my things and I don't need my bed made for me. The times I've had it, they don't do that great of a job anyway so it never bothered me to not have it. At other hotel chains it's pretty standard to opt out and get something, Marriott and the Swan and Dolphin do this. I just usually leave the do not disturb up the whole trip, so it would be nice to get something for it. With the room checks this is the first time I've dealt with having the room cleaned and I'm not a fan. I've also never left garbage out in a hall. I've found bugs and mold in the deluxe's so I guess the cleaning isn't really keeping that away anyway. $10 isn't going to make or break the bank, but I'm definitely not rich enough to turn away free money.

You can still decline housekeeping at a Deluxe if you wish, even with security checks.

ITA, but why do you think guests staying at a moderate or even value resort desire a room with mold, bugs and garbage in the hall? I sort of expect that if I booked a $29 a night room off site. What about room service trays sitting in the hall for hours?

I think this optout of housekeeping deal is a response to a difficulty in hiring staff.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!