Is Paul Walker dead? Update:He's been confirmed dead.

I wouldn't be shocked to find out there was some racing going on. It's a little off that their friends found out about the crash so fast.

I just saw a pic of the crash and it's just a mangled mess. They had to have been going pretty fast. And his friends got there pretty quickly trying to rescue him. I do wonder if they were in fact racing and something went way wrong. So sad regardless :sad2:

Was his girlfriend really a 23 year old that he had been dating for 7 years? I just read that online and am wondering if it was a misprint.

Was his girlfriend really a 23 year old that he had been dating for 7 years? I just read that online and am wondering if it was a misprint.

From what I am seeing, it is correct. She was 16 and he was 33 when they started dating. :scared1: They were together for 7 years, so apparently it was working out. It just boggles my mind though. There is no way my parents would have allowed that and there is no way I would allow my girls to do that either. Way to young and way to much of an age difference.

From what I am seeing, it is correct. She was 16 and he was 33 when they started dating. :scared1: They were together for 7 years, so apparently it was working out. It just boggles my mind though. There is no way my parents would have allowed that and there is no way I would allow my girls to do that either. Way to young and way to much of an age difference.

When you're THAT attractive you can get away with A LOT. :flower3:
Even dating somebody barely older than your own child.

Thanks guys. I guess it wasn't a misprint.

That aside, it really is terrible. Even if they were being totally reckless, it's still tragic.

"So it was apparently working out." SERIOUSLY?? They started dating when she was 16 and HE WAS 33.

My heart breaks for his daughter, and family, but eww.

My friend Randy Pobst raced with Rodas in the Pirelli World Challenge series. He just taped a bit for CNN that will air "around 11 EST" he said. He talked about driving the Carrera GT, the car they died in. He has no info on the crash and refuses to speculate, even though I'm sure CNN tried to bait him!

NBC says initial reports say the car was going 40 to 45 when it approached a curve marked 15 MPH. I'm sure people are going to think he must have been going faster because of the severity of the destruction, but you're seeing a car that burned severely then was cut apart to retrieve the victims. The structure of the car was not metal but carbon fiber which is a material that burns. Not 'burst into flames' flammable. but it burns like the other plastics in a vehicle, especially when fueled by gas and oil, so it looks like much of the car is just gone.

There is building security video of the impact, there is no other car they were racings. I think they police have ruled that out. TMZ has the video. It isn't graphic to watch but it is horrible, there is what seems to be the impact then a huge explosion. So sad and scary.

I read an article where someone from the racing garage who was early on the scene (and know both the driver and Paul Walker) speculated that they may have lost steering control. He said there was a possible fluid leak in the road. By all accounts Roger Rodas was a skilled driver but the Porsche they were driving was a notoriously difficult car to handle.

The coroner's report found that both died shortly after the crash and before the fire and that the car was traveling over 100 mph.

Sounds like they were being very unsafe at the time of the accident. Such a shame.

CNN article
USA Today article

The coroner's report found that both died shortly after the crash and before the fire and that the car was traveling over 100 mph.

Sounds like they were being very unsafe at the time of the accident. Such a shame.

CNN article
USA Today article

Thanks for the update. Thank goodness the initial claims that they burned to death are false. Thats an awful way to go. At least they were gone before the fire got to them :(

Wait, he died?

[Jumps into time machine. Heads to 2013.]

[Returns.]

Yup. He dead. But look! A lifetime supply of non-expiring Disney Park tickets! Take that, DISNEY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter