Is Pleasure Island for a low-key couple?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
My husband & I would like to check out Pleasure Island when we are there in May (16th-20th) for our anniversary w/o the kids - but i'm not sure if it is for us. We like to go to bars (although we hardly ever go anywhere since having kids) - but we enjoy pubs or restaurant bars more than night clubs. Would we enjoy Pleasure Island? Are there any nights that are less crowded?

There are some clubs in pleasure island that are more low key.
Try the Jazz Club or the Comedy Wharehouse.
I would imagine that during the week would be less crowded.

The Comedy Warehouse and The Adventurer's Club are our favorite PI spots. We usually hit the first CW show then head over to the AC and spend the rest of the night there. If you don't like being a part of the show at the AC, grab a drink (or not) and find a seat away from the wall where the Colonel is perched. Don't worry, you'll know what I mean when you see this place. I've got a number of pictures of the Club on my page of our 2001 trip if you're interested.

http://www.wcdaniels.com/wdw/

Bill From PA

We consider ourselves very low key, and we enjoy certain aspects of Pleasure Island, namely the Adventurer's Club and the Comedy Club. The other clubs allow smoking, and although we have, in the past enjoyed 8Trax, we no longer can, due to my severe allergies.

We also enjoy perusing the shops while we are there, as well!

DH & I are lowkey ourselves. I was a bit worried that we wouldn't like PI, but after going one night we worked it into another night of our vacation as well.

We went to the Comedy Warehouse, Adventurer's Club, the Jazz Club and checked out the shops in between and it was enough to fill the entire evening.

I'd suggest you check it out. It was a great surprise!

I think you owe it to yourself to check out The Adventurer's Club. A visit to WDW is not complete for me without going there at least once.

Kungaloosh!

Here'sanother vote for the Comedy Warehouse. We're WAY low key and that fits us perfectly.

Hi,
I agree w/ the other posters. DH and I went on our last trip and spent 5 1/2 hours at PI--only going to the Comedy Warehouse and the Adventurer's Club. It's now a must-do for us every trip. Also, anecdotally I've heard that Sunday is the least crowded night. That's when we went and it was perfect!

Kungaloosh!

I have to be a dissenter on Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club. Perhaps it's because my wife and I aren't into improv humor, but we found the routines at these places to be particularly low-brow and context-free, i.e., lots of poo-poo jokes but nothing topical. (I guess that's the point at WDW, but we didn't like it.) Also, the audience participation is a double-edged sword: at one presentation at AC, the audience member picked kept spouting so many offensive remarks (sexist, racist) that the entire room became very uncomfortable and the performer was forced to ditch the guy and try again with someone else.

For the best chance for a low-key couple to have a rollicking good time, my money is on Jellyroll's. And that money ($6 cover) is less than admission to Pleasure Island.

I have to be a dissenter on Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club. Perhaps it's because my wife and I aren't into improv humor, but we found the routines at these places to be particularly low-brow and context-free, i.e., lots of poo-poo jokes but nothing topical. (I guess that's the point at WDW -- no politics or current events in Fantasyland -- but we didn't like it.) Also, the audience participation is a double-edged sword: at one presentation at AC, the audience member picked kept spouting so many offensive remarks (sexist, racist) that the entire room became very uncomfortable and the performer was forced to ditch the guy and try again with someone else.

For the best chance for a low-key couple to have a rollicking good time, my money is on Jellyroll's. And that money ($6 cover) is less than admission to Pleasure Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter