Is preferred worth it?

yoopermom

Come join Bravo by the fire...
We're going in Aug. for 11 nights, and it would be $7 more a night for a pref. vs. a full. 7DS, dog, and myself. Except for the cable is there much of a difference? Are locations that much better? All opinions welcome!
Terri the Yoopermom

Just called FW direct, basically the CM said that the CMs in reservations cannot make a reservation for a preferred site if you say you have a pet. So, you have to make a res. for a pref., and then call FW a week in advance and explain the situation and hope that they let you stay in the 300 loop with your pet (or, I assume, either get bumped to a full in the regular pet area or leave the pet at home). So, is it worth it for us to try for the 300 loop or should we settle for the 1500 loop? (I have a physical disability that makes walking difficult, so need to be fairly close to "stuff".) Opinions?
Terri the Yoopermom

if you get a preferred for the cable don't waste your money, its disney cable - commercials etc. A big plus is the location of the loops to amenities, we have stayed in the 1100 loop the last 2 trips, it boils down to personal preference, you might be better to apply the 7.00 to a cart rental that you most likely will want anyway.

While the preferred dog loop is closer in, it would still be a bit of a walk to the marina area. And while the 1500 loop is closer to the Meadow's area, it isn't a pet loop. They are 1600-1900. I, too, would put the extra money toward a golf cart. After park-walking all day you will be glad of the ride back to your site and everywhere else!

Barbara
117 days to go (and my golf cart is reserved!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter