Is PS for ESPN Zone a Must?

peachgirl

DIS Veteran
Our first day in Disney...next Wednesday:sunny:, we're planning on redeeming our vouchers and eating lunch at the ESPN Zone.

Our flight arrives at 10:30 and so it's just a rough guess as to exactly when we'll arrive at the Grand Californian (flying into John Wayne Airport) and be able to get to Downtown Disney. We have to redeem our vouchers for the ESPN zone and that will take some time as well. Just a guess would be that around 1pm or so, we'll be at Downtown Disney.

My question is, is it really neccessary to have PS reservations for the restaurant? We'll have the $10 game cards as well as the ones from the ESPN membership that we plan on using while we're there so is it possible to do that while waiting for a table, or is it crowded enough that we won't be able to get in without PS?

Thanks!

On a Wednesday at lunchtime you should have no problem... only time my family and I ever made PS's for ESPN Zone was trying to get Sunday brunch during NFL playoffs. Any other time, it's been walk in, sit down, mangia. Enjoy!

Thanks!

Sounds good to me. I really hate to make PS when we can't be sure when we'll be there.

This time next Wednesday, I'll be sitting in Disneyland, waiting to watch the parade!:Pinkbounc

If you don't mind waiting you should be okay. Otherwise I would make a PS. The few times we have been there, both at lunch and dinner it has been very busy and was glad we had the PS.

We ate there on Monday around 2:00 or 2:30 and it wasn't that crowded at all. We waited less than 10 minutes for a table and we were a party of 6.

Therapeutic Smile said:
On a Wednesday at lunchtime you should have no problem... only time my family and I ever made PS's for ESPN Zone was trying to get Sunday brunch during NFL playoffs. Any other time, it's been walk in, sit down, mangia. Enjoy!

Therapeutic, when did you make those PS's? I don't know if this has changed or what, but I called about 2 weeks ago to get a ps for August, and was told that ESPN Zone does not take PS's, it's on a walk-in only basis. I also saw that same information posted on another thread here on the DIS (by Mary Jo, I think). Anyone else know of a way to get a PS there? :listen:

I agree that you won't need a PS for lunch on a Wed. I believe they open at noon, so you should be arriving not long after they open anyway. My friends and I (about 10 of us) arrived at noon on a Saturday for lunch without a PS and we were seated right away. Have a blast the food is quite good and the arcade is quite fun! Make sure to have the cookie sundae for dessert!

Melissa

Thanks for all the input. I think we will just wing it since it's really impossible to know for sure when we'll get there. There are 4 of us and we each signed up for the ESPN club so I think we should be able to do lunch for all of us for free!:)

I'll definitely let you know about the cookie sundae...sounds yum!

My understanding is that they do not make PS on the weekend (Fri - Sun). But they do make PS for week days (Mon - Thurs).

luvtoteach said:
Therapeutic, when did you make those PS's? I don't know if this has changed or what, but I called about 2 weeks ago to get a ps for August, and was told that ESPN Zone does not take PS's, it's on a walk-in only basis. I also saw that same information posted on another thread here on the DIS (by Mary Jo, I think). Anyone else know of a way to get a PS there? :listen:

Unfortunately, this had to be at least four years ago... both the SF 49ers and the Oakland Raiders were in the playoffs... that hasn't happened for a while. To be honest, I would have no idea if their policy changed...

I just called Disney Dining & was told that PS is not taken on weekends - Friday thru Sunday. They only take them Monday thru Thursday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter