is QS dining plan worth having?

princess evie

Mouseketeer
Hiya
I’ve just been looking at the quick service dinner no plan and wondering is it worth the £560 each price tag? I know it’s personal preference and the amount you want to eat lol 😂 hubby is saying would we eat that much food?

I’ve never had the dining plan before so unsure what to do and is it worth it 🤷‍♀️ I was thinking maybe 1 of us have the plan and share maybe, would this be allowed/possible xx

Hiya
I’ve just been looking at the quick service dinner no plan and wondering is it worth the £560 each price tag? I know it’s personal preference and the amount you want to eat lol 😂 hubby is saying would we eat that much food?

I’ve never had the dining plan before so unsure what to do and is it worth it 🤷‍♀️ I was thinking maybe 1 of us have the plan and share maybe, would this be allowed/possible xx
It's worth it when it's free! Personally, I wouldn't pay for it. But it includes alcohol with both meals and I don't drink much especially if I'm walking around all day in the heat. You can add the package onto your room so either all of you will get it or none. Take a look at some of the places you are interested in eating and add up how much you could spend on each meal and snacks to see if it you could come close to spending anywhere close to the nightly cost for two quick services and two snacks (if you want to be generous you can divide the cost of the mug out too).

Hiya

We have used the dinning plan many times before in the past, we have had it free and we have paid for it, as SG131 mentions you really need to weigh up where you are looking to eat as the prices vary, you may find that it is cheaper not to have the plan, we have always had the table service plan as this in our family worked out to be cheaper and also easier for us, instead of looking at the menu and going wow that's expensive you choose what you was going to eat based on what you wanted and not the price.

how long are you staying for?

We had it for 1 week in December. I kept a tally of what we had and would say it was only worth it for us as we had alcohol. Without it you might break even at best.

I find that QS one is basically prepaying what you would likely spend on QS meals on the whole. Agree with other poster if having alcohol with the meals then you will definitely make on it.

Also to note the whole room have to have the dining plan so you can't share one persons unfortunately.

I'm of the opinion that the dining plans are only worth it (financially) if they're free and your package with the free dining plan doesn't cost more than the same package would be without the bundled dining plan, if you have the option. But going via the UK travel service, we don't get the choice anyway so the point is moot. I guess you're asking for the cases where there isn't a current free dining offer for the dates you're planning on going, therefore you're wondering whether to buy the plan. So as mentioned, the plans are *not* worth doing if you're looking at the cost alone. They are priced to assume that you always get the most expensive meal (QS around $20, snacks around $9) and you're going to use every single credit. In practice, you're not going to. I had a free QS plan bundled with my package this February just gone and I had two days off Disney property so couldnt' quite manage to use all my meal credits. I used up all the snack credits though at the Arts Festival booths - considering the Arts festival items are generally more expensive than the other Epcot festivals you can fairly easily get good value out of the snack credits. The bundled refillable hotel mug was also useful - you can get a cheapish full breakfast without needing to use a meal credit, and drinks are useful on getting back to the hotel at night. Financially, it's not worth the cost, but you may be willing to forego that extra money for the convenience. But hen again, is it really that convenient? You have a magic band anyway that you simply scan and charge to your hotel account. BTW everyone on the same hotel reservation has to have the same dining plan.

There are plenty of options to choose from on the quick service dining credits. Lots of healthy food as long as you are sensible. The resorts also have great salad bowls and wraps and vegetarian meals it’s not all chicken tenders and burgers and fries:-) you can have fruits and yogurts and cold drinks too. Don’t get disheartened. You can even have oriental meals in places like Sunshine Seasons in Epcot’s Living with the Land pavilion.

I don't think the QS dining plan is worth it if paying out of pocket. Also, they won't let only one of you get the plan. Although you could easily break even with the alcohol, I would pay as you go so you can eat what you want when you want - especially since you most likely won't save with the dining plan. My BF and I can eat a lot and enjoy doing so, but the QS plan has been too much for us when we've gotten it for free and we wouldn't have ever eaten that much if paying out of pocket.

If you feel like pre-paying for the plan would give you some peace of mind so you aren't crunching the numbers at each meal, consider loading the value of the plan onto a Disney gift card and use that to make purchases. Guaranteed you'll have some money left over after food for souvenirs, and that way you've already mentally (and physically) allocated that money to food just like you have with the plan, but you'll be free to spend as you like. We have done this for our past few trips and it makes it so much more enjoyable mentally but sill lets us buy/eat whatever we want.

Alcohol is only served at Table Service Locations and not Quick Service

Completely not true! Lots of QS serve alcohol in fact very few don't (mainly those within Magic Kingdom not including Be Our Guest which does). Most serve beer but then some serve beer and wine. I've attached a list I made of those that do definitely have alcohol from a few months ago so this may be out of date

Attachments

• Drinks.pdf
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Completely not true! Lots of QS serve alcohol in fact very few don't (mainly those within Magic Kingdom not including Be Our Guest which does). Most serve beer but then some serve beer and wine. I've attached a list I made of those that do definitely have alcohol from a few months ago so this may be out of date

Some will sell it if your paying cash but were talking QS dinning plan.

Quote from Disney for QS 2020 on wards where there are some changes,
Keep in mind that not all locations serve alcohol (especially at Magic Kingdom, where alcohol is only served at table-service restaurants).

Some will sell it if your paying cash but were talking QS dinning plan.

Quote from Disney for QS 2020 on wards where there are some changes,
Keep in mind that not all locations serve alcohol (especially at Magic Kingdom, where alcohol is only served at table-service restaurants).

No I think you are interpretting this wrong.

QS locations that server alcohol will include it as the drink in the QS dining plan as per the dining plan policy. This note is about those places that don't serve alcohol at all and therefore don't have alcohol to serve with their meals. Any QS that serves alcohol at the time will allow it as a drink with the dining plan! Even in Magic Kingdom, Be Our Guest allows alcohol with QS breakfast and lunch as they serve it for this.

There are numberous threads regarding this fact on here but this one is one of the best ones as it also states some of the best options in the parks - https://www.disboards.com/threads/quick-service-alcohol-selections.3656989/

The message above is simply saying some places don't serve alcohol as in Magic Kingdom where all QS places don't serve alcohol except Be Our Guest. In all other parks this isn't the case

Last edited:

Thanks that’s very helpful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter