Is Sana worth a special trip?

En Route

Earning My Ears
My first time to WDW. I am doing two park days during a four day resort stay but AK is not included in my parks of choice. However I am considering an ADR at Sana. Of course I would enjoy the beautiful AK Lodge and walking around the resort. However, I am wondering if most people who have dined at Sana, consider the food and experience to be worth fitting in a special trip to AK? For reference my family and I are adventurist eaters and enjoy all ethnic foods. Thanks

As a general rule I personally don’t go super out of my way for restaurants. You’d have to plan on at least 1 hr (if not 1.5) to get to/from (each way) using Disney transportation - which is a ton of “wasted” time imo! That said, if on one of your off days, or during a free evening, you were to go spend some time at AKL and include dinner, I think that would be a lovely idea! The animals - during the daytime and after dark with the night vision binoculars- the bonfire, other resort activities, dinner... and yes, it is yummy :). All of which is to say the restaurant itself isn’t worth a special trip IMO but the whole experience might be if you have otherwise unscheduled time.

We really like Sanaa when we went last year, and made it a point to book an ADR again for this year. Last year we left AK and went and had lunch there, and it was a very nice break from the park. We took the bus there and back which was pretty quick. We all really liked the food, especially the bread service with tons of dipping sauces. This year we are planning to do dinner there, and will again leave AK to get dinner there. We like getting out of the parks at some point for a bit each day anyway, and a good meal makes it well worth it. I think even if we were going from a different park, I'd still consider going to Sanaa even though it's a slightly longer drive.

The Bread service is worth it, but be aware that Sanaa is in Kidani Village not Jambo House, so there is less to explore. You don't have the grand lodge and lobby you are probably thinking you do there.

My family thought so. We also do not jump through hoops to get to meals, so I was not sure they would be happy with it, however they thought the meal was among the best. I would not use DIsney transportation next time, but woudl call Lyft.

It would be worth doing on one of your resort days.
Kidani is still nice to walk around and has the Savannah.
It is a short walk to Jambo house (about 5 minutes) or there is a shuttle back and forth as well

I would say yes to a special trip for Sanaa. The bread service as others have said is fantastic. Probably our favourite “dish” at a Disneyworld restaurant. Watching the animals and checking out the decor at the resort makes for a relaxing visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!