Is sharing REALLY allowed on the DDP?

familyfirsttimer

Not my 1st time anymore! I'm hooked for life!!!!
What I mean is, I know that many people say they do it but is there any official Disney stand on this. I am just asking because I know how some of these topics can get heated. I want to do the right thing by trying to abide to the rules that Disney established so please let me know if you know.

Also, if allowed, do you ever have a problem with a CM when you want to share? I know that they get 18% of whatever the actual bill is so I would think they would discourage sharing. Just curious. We never did the DDP before.

Sharing is allowed, if it were not, then they would say so. You can't share on buffets, which is probably no surprise, but otherwise it's your meal and you can do with it what you want ;)

We shared this past December and have shared in the past not on the DDP. The CM's were awesome, they never made us feel bad or cheap or anything, with the exception of one CM at 50's prime time a couple years back when we were paying cash, he was RUDE because I wanted to split the barnyard plate of fried chicken with my daughter, who the heck can eat that much chicken in one sitting??? He also tried to get us to order our own HUGE desserts, he was obnoxious.

What I would suggest you do if you are still leary, when sitting down before ordering ask the CM if it's okay if you share, I'm sure it will be fine!

LoriZHappyDisney, thank you so much for sharing your experience. I was really thinking that at most of our TS I could share with 1 DD and if we did that a few times, our credits would extend to cover our last day. But before I got too excited and planning, I just wanted to know the real deal.
Thanks for sharing

if I shared a meal on the DDP I would leave an extra tip to make up for the price difference from what the waiter will get from the plan and what it would have cost if 2 meals had been paid for.

Sharing is not allowed at a buffet.
Sharing is not allowed for an all you can eat restaurant.
Sharing is not allowed for all you can eat platters,
Sharing is allowed at a-la-carte restaurants but do check when you go in.

Hope that helps.

We used the dining plan at Kona last Tuesday. When the waitress realized we were going to be sharing our meals, she went ahead and put the soup we ordered into two bowls! It was very kind, so of course we tipped her extra.

Hannathy said:
if I shared a meal on the DDP I would leave an extra tip to make up for the price difference from what the waiter will get from the plan and what it would have cost if 2 meals had been paid for.

This is exactly what we do, if and when we share, we always leave extra tip, the CM's are very appreciative of this.

BTW, you're very much welcome, have a GREAT time! I will be there on the 17th of August and just cannot wait. I am having a time trying to figure out our dining, it's so important, lord forbid I miss a meal! ;) lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter