Is something going on at Kidani August 18?

Dizzydizney

Mouseketeer
Right at the 7 month mark I tried to modify one night at Riviera to one night in a standard view studio at Kidani. It’s was there and then it wasn’t when I tried to complete the transaction. Thought I did something wrong...because there is usually no issue getting Kidani at 7 months. The entire month is available except August 18th. Then the 20th was also unavailable. And then the 21st. Now it’s back to just the 18th. I set up a waitlist immediately, but being at the Riviera in a tower studio won’t be so bad. I know Jambo was having renovations, but Kidani? Mystifying. I don’t think there a MM event that night either. Anyone know what’s up?

Right at the 7 month mark I tried to modify one night at Riviera to one night in a standard view studio at Kidani. It’s was there and then it wasn’t when I tried to complete the transaction. Thought I did something wrong...because there is usually no issue getting Kidani at 7 months. The entire month is available except August 18th. Then the 20th was also unavailable. And then the 21st. Now it’s back to just the 18th. I set up a waitlist immediately, but being at the Riviera in a tower studio won’t be so bad. I know Jambo was having renovations, but Kidani? Mystifying. I don’t think there a MM event that night either. Anyone know what’s up?
I've been wondering the same thing about Aug. 18. Seems there was light availability this day across a few resorts as I've been browsing availability over the last few weeks. I suspect MNSSHP will actually happen on this night. Last couple years it looks like this Tuesday in the second to last week of August has routinely had a party. I bet all the bloggers or something are booking up the night since it would be one of the first if not the first party night. I'm actually hoping MNSSHP happens this day because I am planning to be there this week and the party on the 18th fits my plans perfectly.

I think you might be right. Took another quick look and there are no “less pointy” rooms on the 18th. No standard views at any MK resort, none at Jambo or Kidani, none at BoardWalk but they’ve been long gone. Only SSR and OKW. I’ll keep my fingers crossed but not the end of the world.

I've been wondering the same thing about Aug. 18. Seems there was light availability this day across a few resorts as I've been browsing availability over the last few weeks. I suspect MNSSHP will actually happen on this night. Last couple years it looks like this Tuesday in the second to last week of August has routinely had a party. I bet all the bloggers or something are booking up the night since it would be one of the first if not the first party night. I'm actually hoping MNSSHP happens this day because I am planning to be there this week and the party on the 18th fits my plans perfectly.
MNSSHP start date has already been announced as August 13th, so it's not the bloggers.

I just checked four different websites and they all said 2020 dates haven’t been announced yet. But I’m not going to worry about it. Will just keep stalking or have faith in the waitlist gods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts