Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

I booked in mid-September at AKL via a Priceline Express Deal and have party tickets so won’t cancel.

Our ADR window is coming up and I’m wondering how I should adjust plans. I was going to do TS EMM but I think I’ll book a backup breakfast in HS assuming it won’t be offered.

Are there any Table Service restaurants in Galaxys edge? I wonder If we had an ADR and don’t want to ride if we still would have to line up for hours to see the falcon...
no TS in Galaxys Edge

Keeping our trip for 9/28 – 10/3. If I hadn’t already booked our airfare I might have canceled. I have a 6, 4 and 3 year old and a husband who’s never been so I was hoping to go during lower crowds. I think we’re still going to attempt to do HS one day – get our 3 FP’s early in the day and if it’s just too crazy then go to another park or back to the pool at CBR. Wish I knew just how crazy the parks will be so I’d know if I’ll have to use one of my FP on my only must-do: Muppets 3D! lol

Have a trip planned 8/25-8/31. When the news broke, moved our stay from AKL to Yacht Club. Embracing the change - only concern is that the hype/crowds will be a bit overwhelming for our two sons (6, 4). My current plan is to do the 3am walk over for opening day by myself and take the family the next day on Friday morning 8/30, hopefully with the help of EMHs.

Keeping our trip for 9/28 – 10/3. If I hadn’t already booked our airfare I might have canceled. I have a 6, 4 and 3 year old and a husband who’s never been so I was hoping to go during lower crowds. I think we’re still going to attempt to do HS one day – get our 3 FP’s early in the day and if it’s just too crazy then go to another park or back to the pool at CBR. Wish I knew just how crazy the parks will be so I’d know if I’ll have to use one of my FP on my only must-do: Muppets 3D! lol
your advantage is going a month after opening so you'll be able to keep track of crowd reports

I had a trip at pop booked before they said when the opening was I booked for opening day. I am staying at pop and hope to take the gondola over ( if it is opened) I plan to get to HS early like 6 am my goal is to just do the ride once

No. I mean its existence is going to certainly increase crowds for some time, but I am thrilled that they moved the opening up because we're going end of August 2020, and I was hoping for GE to open as early as possible to give it as much time as possible open before we arrive. I had my fingers crossed for them to open early as in late Sept., since that was the earliest they could open and still technically open in Fall. So a whole month earlier, even if just for Phase One works for me. :) We are hoping that late summer 2020 will be a "sweet spot" in crowd level...GE will be fully open for almost a year, and yet we won't yet be in the 50th Anniversary year yet. So the idea is that many folks just came for GE and many others are waiting for the 50th, plus it's right after many kids across the US just went back to school, so they aren't as likely to be taking time off already to go on a trip...we hope. :)

I do feel badly for folks whose trips are negatively impacted by the earlier open, though. :(

We were hoping to go in September and we will keep our plans. For me, I cannot see changing plans over this. Worse comes to worse, we will hang out at the other three parks :)

I'm really disappointed in this, but we'll make the best of it. We already have a split stay booked for AKV and GFV 8/31 - 9/8, plane tickets bought and ADR's made. We did switch out our Sci-Fi reservation from Monday to later in the week, but no other changes. I wouldn't mind just skipping DHS altogether, but my daughter's boyfriend is a huge Star Wars fan so I'm hoping he can at least get in to see the land. We have no expectations for actually doing the ride.

Husband & I (and my parents) are taking our 2 year old daughter -- her 1st trip :yay: -- Sept 10-14, and going to be honest, we are pretty bummed about this whole thing:(. We were really hoping for low crowds so we could at least have room to wiggle LOL. We will avoid HS all together this trip, and hope the other parks are not COMPLETELY Overrun!
We did contemplate cancelling but due to the fact my husband has already put in for time off at work, it's not easy to change, we'll go.... hopefully our little girl can still meet Vee, Mickey, Minnie & the gang. :)
Really hoping this trip isn't a complete bust. But I'm trying to be positive & think that a day at disney is a better day than sitting at work -- Even if i'm not riding rides! At least the food's good!! :-)

We have reservations at POP for mid-November. We were really hoping to avoid the crowds, so I imagine we will cancel the trip. Maybe we'll explore the Royal Pacific resort at Universal; I hear it's so much better than Disney resorts AND the go straight to the front of the line sounds great! No more trying to get Fast Passes!
RPR is amazing for theming, comfort, and service, - and then there is the included EP! 2 nights there is a little slice of heaven after a hectic week at Disney But there must be something in the water at Disney because I keep going back!

We have an existing reservation for POR, free dining, for Aug 25-Sept 3. We booked thinking it would be a slow time and it is just before my kids go back to school. Shocked to say the least when the date was announced, but we are embracing it! I am just trying to figure out how this affects my existing plans, what I need to change etc. I have ADR's booked so now I need to analyze whether I need to make changes! This was the first time I booked far enough in advance to take advantage of the 180 day ADR. Oh, well, we will figure it out!

We have a trip planned in mid October. I thought we'd be safe and totally miss SWGE.
Guess not.
It will just be busier than usual.
I have no interest in getting there ridiculously early to RD Star Wars. Maybe we will be lucky and be able to get an ADR at the restaurant.
while there won't be FPs for at least the 1st month, maybe they will by the time we will be there.
Otherwise getting FPs for SDD might have just become much easier as everyone else will be in line for SW.

So, prior to the news, I was lucky (?!?!) enough to have planned one of our HS days for the day that it opens, and I have dining reservations at Sci-Fi that day. If I decide to go that week, do you think they would honor those reservations? Or am I out of luck there?

We are booked Sept 10-14, we are super bummed about the opening of SWGE, but have decided to keep our trip on schedule. I looked the other day & there are NO rooms available for our scheduled dates. I mean, maybe some of the $600+ a night rooms are there still, but none of the reasonably priced rooms. NONE!!!!!
This tells me, it's going to be absolutely INSANE. I am worried about it, because I don't want to be miserable trying to do ANYTHING with my 2 year old. UGH.

Are you going in Sept? I'm nervous....

Thanks

Make sure you're not looking only at the Sun&Fun deal....I made that mistake last night and saw only the campground had availability for all of September which sent me into a complete panic. Just looked at your dates and I see availability at values, mods and deluxe.

So, prior to the news, I was lucky (?!?!) enough to have planned one of our HS days for the day that it opens, and I have dining reservations at Sci-Fi that day. If I decide to go that week, do you think they would honor those reservations? Or am I out of luck there?
If you already have reservations, they will not cancel them

Last edited:
We are booked Sept 10-14, we are super bummed about the opening of SWGE, but have decided to keep our trip on schedule. I looked the other day & there are NO rooms available for our scheduled dates. I mean, maybe some of the $600+ a night rooms are there still, but none of the reasonably priced rooms. NONE!!!!!
This tells me, it's going to be absolutely INSANE. I am worried about it, because I don't want to be miserable trying to do ANYTHING with my 2 year old. UGH.

Are you going in Sept? I'm nervous....

Thanks
We're going 9/28-10/4 and I checked availability - 26 resorts still have rooms! I was surprised. I clicked on random resorts and there still seems to be plenty room types, too. LOL I hope it stays this way!

We have a trip planned in mid October. I thought we'd be safe and totally miss SWGE.
Guess not.
It will just be busier than usual.
I have no interest in getting there ridiculously early to RD Star Wars. Maybe we will be lucky and be able to get an ADR at the restaurant.
while there won't be FPs for at least the 1st month, maybe they will by the time we will be there.
Otherwise getting FPs for SDD might have just become much easier as everyone else will be in line for SW.

No table service in GE.

RPR is amazing for theming, comfort, and service, - and then there is the included EP! 2 nights there is a little slice of heaven after a hectic week at Disney But there must be something in the water at Disney because I keep going back!
Yes, the nostalgia is what makes us long to go back to Disney. I still haven't actually canceled POP yet; maybe I'm hoping something will change, that there'll be a delay & it won't get bad until December. LOL! I don't think I'll ever shake loving Disney despite all their money-grabbing, etc., etc. that should make me want to go elsewhere. There's just nowhere else like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter