Is SWGE impacting your trip? Discuss your plans here!

I think someone either fabricated a rumor or got at least one of the details wrong.

I hope so. However, the way they've been changing things, I'm not really surprised. Yet another reason I decided not to even try to plan my days beyond "This park looks good for that day" (so I could do ADRs) until the week before our FP day. I knew there would be enough changes between now and then to make me crazy.

Any theories on what the crowds might be like in November/December? I would avoid the holidays, btw. Maybe go the week after Thanksgiving or mid-Nov, arriving after Veterans' Day. Any chatter on what the hours might look like?

My plan was to go in September for the historically low(ish) crowds, and just deal with the heat. But now, if the crowds will be about the same, it might make more sense to go in November/December and at least get better weather out of it. Thoughts?

Any theories on what the crowds might be like in November/December? I would avoid the holidays, btw. Maybe go the week after Thanksgiving or mid-Nov, arriving after Veterans' Day. Any chatter on what the hours might look like?

My plan was to go in September for the historically low(ish) crowds, and just deal with the heat. But now, if the crowds will be about the same, it might make more sense to go in November/December and at least get better weather out of it. Thoughts?

I personally still think November/December will be more crowded because of the higher chance RoTR being open. We decided to stick with September, personally.

We've been the 2nd week of November - week of Veteran's Day. We didn't notice any difference in the parks that day vs. any other. Weather was absolutely great, but it was more crowded than we anticipated.

I think it will depend on whether ROR is up and running in November/December. No plans are safe right now until we know when the second ride will open.

I'm going with my best friend Sept 21st-28th. We're coming from the UK and will have been planning/saving for about 18 months and have non-refundable flights, so cancelling wasn't really an option!
I was a bit panicked when they first announced the opening (and annoyed, in what world is August 'Late Fall'?!) but honestly now I just want to enjoy my trip! Neither of us have been to the parks in about 10 years so there is already so much new stuff to see.
On our HS day we were planning to do TSL, ToT, Rockin Roller, lunch at Sci Fi, and Fantasmic - anything else we accomplish on that day is just bonus. My friend is an early riser so she's game to be there for the 6am rope drop, I just have to make sure I'm caffeinated!!
We are Star Wars fans, but we are happy to skip GE if it's too crowded, it was never part of our original plan anyway. This trip is very much about hitting childhood faves for us with some new bits sprinkled in, I don't want to spend hours standing in a line when I could be at the muppets 😂
We are there the same days for a family vacation with our 11 year niece's first trip. She just told us she only saw one SW movie and wasn't that excited so maybe we can skip GE with the family and just get up early and go ourselves!

I still can't decide what to do Aug 29 & 30! My trip (Aug 24 - 31) was booked before the announcement was made. I've adjusted things a bit, will do HS the day we arrive Aug 24, and EMM Aug 26 so we can do SDD which kiddo is excited for. I can't decide if I should plan to try and get in Aug 30 or not. We leave on the 31st and I can't change that flight. All my other days/parks are planned and I'm ready to get FP for them, know what we want and rough times at least. But those last two days... Kiddo loves Star Wars, which is new since we went two years ago when he was afraid of the whole thing. Now he has seen all the movies multiple times and has strong opinions on a lot of it. He would love to see the new land (and get a droid), I'm just worried we'll plan to go and not be able to get in and end up disappointed. I know we won't make it for a 6AM opening...or at least it would be really hard. I wish it was EMH or reservations or something. I'm not sure when we'll get back to Disney, we have other places planned for 2020 so it probably won't be until 2021. I feel like I should try and get us there on the 30th. I'm leaning towards just doing MK or something on the 29th and booking FP for AK in the evening of the 30th, trying to get in to HS in the morning and if we can't then we'll hit another park. I'll just have to set kiddos expectations that we may not be able to get in I guess.

We have the same dates. No children on this tip. DH loves Star Wars; I still haven't forgiven my parents for forcing me to see that stupid movie in the 70s. 6:30 a.m. better come with free tickets to ITALY. I will send him happily and maybe take advantage of the DVC 40% off Spa discount. Hoping the crowds don't build all week for both of is. Hotel availability was still really good when I check tonight.

Galaxy's Edge impact for us? We're going first week of December. My husband and brother have both said they're just going to take that as a spa day, while my daughter and I gleefully dive into the Force fueled madness

I think it will depend on whether ROR is up and running in November/December. No plans are safe right now until we know when the second ride will open.

Any thoughts on when they are going to announce the opening date for this ride? If it is to open after Nov 2, that's around 5 months away. Shouldn't they have announced it by now?

I want to book a November trip, but I refuse to do it until they announce the opening for that ride (we want it not to be open!).

Any thoughts on when they are going to announce the opening date for this ride? If it is to open after Nov 2, that's around 5 months away. Shouldn't they have announced it by now?

I want to book a November trip, but I refuse to do it until they announce the opening for that ride (we want it not to be open!).
I don't think we'll see an announcement until maybe a couple of months out. If it's delayed due to some technical difficulties they will want to be sure it's running well, they don't want the same situation Universal is going through with Hagrid's

We are going Sept 7 - 10 and can't reschedule as it revolves around my friends work trip. I go often and usually don't worry too much about which park to go to which day but I'm a little nervous about making my fast pass plans for this trip. Saturday will not be a park day. Sunday we are going to the Halloween party. Not sure what to do sunday morning or Monday or Tuesday. (leave late Tuesday. Any advice?

Any thoughts on how a trip from 8/14-8/25 will be affected? Think it will be busier than usual for that time because SWGE opens a few days later, or are we missing the craziness? 😬😬

Any thoughts on how a trip from 8/14-8/25 will be affected? Think it will be busier than usual for that time because SWGE opens a few days later, or are we missing the craziness? 😬😬
It depends. Now with the AP previews it could be a bit crazier than originally thought.

It depends. Now with the AP previews it could be a bit crazier than originally thought.
Gotcha. Yikes. And this would be across all parks? SWGE is still set to open 8/29, right? When are AP previews starting? Thank you 😊😊

Gotcha. Yikes. And this would be across all parks? SWGE is still set to open 8/29, right? When are AP previews starting? Thank you 😊😊
No probably just DHS as that is where the previews would be and they wouldn't be a free for all type thing. There will be sign ups for the previews. We don't have all the details yet on that.

It really seems very vague right now, but they did say "later this year" so it's anyone's guess as to what that means exactly. Fingers crossed. pixiedust:

Yes, with AP reviews all the parks may be much more crowded. My daughter is going around that same time and she is worried.

Theory is that RotR will drive the crowds to SWGE. The "end of this year" is so ambiguous that it really is a planning nightmare. I get the sense that the locals are well positioned to be the first to experience this attraction, but as some have stated that the majority of guests to WDW aren't locals.

We prefer December because of the holiday decorations and the weather.

I'm waiting for ROTR before planning a trip, and Tron, and the Mouse ride! So yes, it's impacting my trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!